Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ABA Banquet

Default ABA Banquet

Tickets are on sale and they are going fast!!!!! This year guest speaker is Fred Eichler.Look for Fred on the Outdoor Channel on Easton Bowhunting TV. Fred is on the pro-staff of Easton, Realtree, Muzzy, Palmer Traditional.

The Banquet is Feb 7. 2009 at the Capt. Cook.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

How much are tickets? (Held at cpt cooks....bet it's way out of my budget)
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Tickets are on sale and they are going fast!!!!! This year guest speaker is Fred Eichler.Look for Fred on the Outdoor Channel on Easton Bowhunting TV. Fred is on the pro-staff of Easton, Realtree, Muzzy, Palmer Traditional.

The Banquet is Feb 7. 2009 at the Capt. Cook.
    Why is the ABA web site *again* void of anything to do with this banquet??? Seems like they wait until the last week before updating their site I have some questions...do I PM you or one of the board members??? Thanks for your input.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    Why is the ABA web site *again* void of anything to do with this banquet??? Seems like they wait until the last week before updating their site I have some questions...do I PM you or one of the board members??? Thanks for your input.

Kim has been on vacation. sorry about the Site. We should have updates here real soon for everyone. Is there anything I could do for you just PM me.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    How much are tickets? (Held at cpt cooks....bet it's way out of my budget)
    $55 per person.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Dose a person need to be an ABA member to attend?

Do you offer a family discount on the tickets?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
    Dose a person need to be an ABA member to attend?

Do you offer a family discount on the tickets?

Thx
    No you do not have to be a member to come. No family discount sorry. During the day (sat) we will have free seminars which are very informative. We will have another bear baiting class, bear skinning(fish and gave us a bear to skin), and other class.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    No you do not have to be a member to come. No family discount sorry. During the day (sat) we will have free seminars which are very informative. We will have another bear baiting class, bear skinning(fish and gave us a bear to skin), and other class.
    Thank you Gary

where can i get a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
    Thank you Gary

where can i get a ticket?
    Archers Den in Eagle river.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Kids tickets are also $55
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

How many tickets are you trying to sell, other than all of them??

We're planning on 350 seats ... Tickets are available at the 'Den (I'll check and see where else) for $55 for adults and $40 for children under 12.
    We sold a number of tables (8 seats each) and individuals ... don't delay - With Fred as our guest this year we're expecting to sell out quickly.
    I will also post the seminar schedule soonest!

Sorry guys thats $110 for a single night out.....I can hunt for 3 to 5 days on that.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Sorry guys thats $110 for a single night out.....I can hunt for 3 to 5 days on that.

Well maybe we will see you next year.

Sat day come on out for the free seminars.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Tickets will be distributed to Sportmans Warehouse in Anchorage and Bear Paw Archery in the valley soonest!

We have a number of tables sold ... a number of individual seats ... this is not a marketing ploy - if you want to attend the annual awards and fund raiser - don't wait! We can not add seats ... when they are gone - they're gone.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Also, as promised, I will post the schedule of free seminars soonest. We're looking at an very interesting and comprehensive talk from / with Fred Eichler, Bear Skinning class from Mike Carter, Timmy's (okay ADF&G's) Bear Baiting Clinic, Bow Tuning and a look at North America's Big "29" ... lots of good info!

PAUL- well I called Karen at ABA office today and reserved a table. luckily i'm finally off this year. Fred should be a great speaker. I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO 7 FEB.

Rick P - Don't think of it as just a night out it is also to to support the largest, most active organization that works hard to increase your bowhunting opportunities, AS WELL AS PROMOTING ARCHERY IN SCHOOLS.
    if you can't make the banquet usually day time activities are worth the trip. hope to see you there.

ALSO KIDS BETWEEN 5-12 THAT HAVE PAID DINNER GET A FREE BOW AND SOME ARROWS, UNLESS PREVIOUSLY AWARDED ONE.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Great Night Out

We went last year and had a great time out. Lots of great prizes and good people. Makes for a nice night out with the wife or family.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGuyinAlaska View Post
    We went last year and had a great time out. Lots of great prizes and good people. Makes for a nice night out with the wife or family.
    Hope to see you again this year. Thanks for the kind words
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Unhappy

Well I am batting ZERO on trying to obtain a ticket (again this year). Bear Paw has never been able to get any. Archer's Den is out last I heard. The ABA voice mail box is *Full* and will not take messages. Maybe I will just Email Paige directly to see if I can get one.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    Well I am batting ZERO on trying to obtain a ticket (again this year). Bear Paw has never been able to get any. Archer's Den is out last I heard. The ABA voice mail box is *Full* and will not take messages. Maybe I will just Email Paige directly to see if I can get one.
    I would also like to see about getting 2 or 3 ticket or maybe a table.

Troy
    746-5548

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast