Thread: Went out after pits

Default Went out after pits

Er I mean bunnies. Me and Duckhunter01 picked up a few saw a bunch more with 1 ruff. Missed the ruff The pits where tied up looked to be 3 of them at that what ever you want to call it house. Also some more dogs down the road at the other place. They seemed to be ok. Looked at us from the road at the end of their driveway. Then went back to their house. Saw the pits on the way out and man did they look like they wanted loose. Here boy I got something good for you . Don't know what that guy has in that place to need 3 pit bulls. The bunnies still have some brown to them. Kinda easy to see right now.

Default Here boy

Was a great morning..AK Duckman walked my ass off...lol, but hes still got 3 years on me and like myself a bum knee...so makes it even out I suspect.

Like he said..we should have had more bunnies..man can they move in that thick stuff...most seemed to hold pretty good, were busting around 10ft..when we hit the little thickets. they seemed to be jumping up ahead of us around 30 yards...was tough shooting, but fun.

Tried to resolve the issue at the end of the road..but no such luck..Maybe next time AK Duckman...again...another great day in our element.

I hunt there as well and you have to be dang quick with the 12 guage to bust those bunnies! They hold in the really thick stuff and when they bolt they don't offer much. I limited out quite a few times last year with my blunder buss but the only guy that I hunted with that limited out with a rifle was using a Ar15 and an EOtech holo sight on it so he could hit them on the run.

Default I like

The short barrel on my mossy 500. 18 1/2 inches makes it fast, in tight places.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    Er I mean bunnies. Me and Duckhunter01 picked up a few saw a bunch more with 1 ruff. Missed the ruff The pits where tied up looked to be 3 of them at that what ever you want to call it house. Also some more dogs down the road at the other place. They seemed to be ok. Looked at us from the road at the end of their driveway. Then went back to their house. Saw the pits on the way out and man did they look like they wanted loose. Here boy I got something good for you . Don't know what that guy has in that place to need 3 pit bulls. The bunnies still have some brown to them. Kinda easy to see right now.

I wonder... will those "bunnies" break out if you use a rabbit caller?????
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Hey AKDuckman....

that "beard" looks an aweful lot like the fur on those bunnies, you didnt happen to "cut and paste" did ya?. I am just givin ya crap; I cant brag, my beard grows in patches .

Nice work with the 500 tho, too bad the pits werent out.

Default Now you know

My secrete. You just have to make sure you don't get shot from other hunter. Kinda like being the hunter and the hunted all at once.

I have nearly taken my short barrel out twice now but both times ended up switching to the long ported barrel. After seeing your success I think I will give the 18.5 a try. What kind of range are you hitting out to? I busted one last year in that same spot at about 35-40 yards. He broke out of the thick stuff and headed straight away into the open cottonwoods. I was almost as surprised as he was when he tumbled!