Thread: new to forum lookin for sled and need help..

Default new to forum lookin for sled and need help..

so, i'm 18 and finally have the means to afford something between the 4000-7000 price range. i have been snowmachining on friends borrowed sleds a lot as i've been growing up, but never really made if off lakes or laaame sleds.

i want a fast light sled that can carve in the pow nice and other than that i'll just spend my time lookin for jumps or drops and stuff to have fun on. not too worried about techy climbs and what not. has to be able to take some abuse.. some learning turns into crashing...

so i think i've dialed it down to skidoo rev 800 136? every body suggests rev, but i really dont know though? i'm open to any polaris cat or yamaha any info, coments and suggestions will be really helpful!!

I'm a Polaris guy and rode RMK's, XCSP's that were extended, and Pro'x's that were shorties and extended. Now my IQ Raw 600's are pretty awesome for their size, 700's were just out of my price range but would love to have.
    I'd personally buy a 600Rev before an 800 due to reliability issues. Craigslist has several different models in your price range, good luck.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

were there any problems with the older or newer rev 800s? there was something that made me think so, but i cant remember..

Default Skidoo vs Polaris

If I were you, I would take one more look at the Polaris XC / ProX sleds. They have some very nice features like the reinforced tunnels. Very durable for jumping or "learning."
    Watch out for the 2 yr old REVs, lots of recalls and serious piston ring issues. Maybe get a 3 yr old sled and do the rings yourself... I love the design on the REV, but bought one and was unimpressed. Kept it two weeks before getting my RMK back. Anyway, take it for what it's worth. I am a 45 yr old man, not an 18 yr old kid. Final note, spend at the low end of your budget until you know exactly what you want, and for heavens' sake make sure you buy it well BELOW BLUE BOOK VALUE!!! Either way, see you up at Hatcher's!

hmm, yea i wish i was hearing more good things about ski doos. I just dont want any problems since i wont have the time or money to fix too many problems. But yea, i talked to a friends friend the other day that recomended the polaris iq race sleds, they seem like just what i'm looking for? these are the only two on cl that i could find..
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/895921754.html

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/882076543.html

and would the rev 600s be less problematic but still powerful enough?

Default For sure look at the 600s, too

I just was looking at the www.slednecks.com website, and several of them are riding 600 or smaller. One is even riding a 440 sno pro. That's assuming at 18 you're not 250+ pounds. Don't spend all of your money on the sled, though. Keep a couple thousand back for repairs, gas, and travel. Instead of looking at the '05 for $6000, look at the '03 or '04 for $4000. Good Luck, and try posting WANTED for what you're looking for.