Thread: Deweys... will you pay that?

Default Deweys... will you pay that?

Went to Deweys boat show the other day and noticed the boat that I have been looking at (the 22' pacific) increased by 9,000 from last year. All I could think was "whatever... looks like I'll be looking to get another boat." Are poeple really willing and able to buy this boat at that price, especially considering the economy right now. Can one even get financed with this kind of price with the credit isses in the banks?

Anyway, what do you guys think? I took a picture of the price with two different kinds of 22' Pacific Hewescraft that were there are the show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeh, but you get 500 gals of gas FREE

By the time you upgrade the motor to something that is actually usable, and add a kicker, etc. you are looking at minimum of 75k. Glacier craft ran a special a short while back for one of their 25 footers for 75k. Hmmmm....i'm thinkin deweys isn't gonna sell too many...

Deweys Leweys give me a small break. If they can sell any big boats now they will be very lucky indeed.

Default Dan

Dan's personality will sell his boats for him. LOL

Just a comment on the credit thing. By and large it's not a big deal. We bought a new car two weeks ago with no trouble at all. I am shopping for a loader/backhoe for my business and have been preapproved through two lenders. The money is out there if you have good credit.

Gotta agree with AKDOUG, I also just purchased a new vehicle last week and the whole process took about 30 min. Now people willing to part with 75k for a toy, in this economy, may be a different story.

Default G.C.

So, how long is the wait at G.C.? Would you rather be able to fish for the next 2 years, or be on the sidelines waiting for a boat? There will be people paying that price just because they don't want to wait 2 years.

Seeing the price of most commodities are falling as fast as the stock market I can't see why in the world there prices are going up.
    Deweys prices have always been on the very upper end of the scale compared to other boats. Hewescraft are nice boats but most folks consider them entry level. There are many other boats on the market better built for the same or less price.
    If it were me, I would wait and and watch Craigslist for used boats as the majority of people up here do not use there boats more than 60 hours a year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    So, how long is the wait at G.C.? Would you rather be able to fish for the next 2 years, or be on the sidelines waiting for a boat? There will be people paying that price just because they don't want to wait 2 years.
    Very true....and probably why the price is close. It doesn't change the end result though, getting a 25' GC for roughly the same price as a 22' hewes. Even if we were talking about a 25' hewes, the GC is in a separate, much higher class of boats.

I thing to take into account. Is that aluminum goes up every year about 3-5%. When I was looking around for a boat this is something I thought about.
    Bigger Boats will be harder to push off the lot. Now if the gas prices up here can down to what most of the lower 48 is then maybe bigger boats will sell faster.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    75K for a 25' GC is a great value compared to 70K for a 22 Pacific Cruiser. Two year wait is all subjective too. Even though they are behind schedule if you consider their new plan for start dates and the amount of boats on order it is probably about 18-20 months for that boat. What most people don't realize is this is the time of year to order. It will put you only out one summer. I wish I would have known this instead of ordering in the spring and essentially wasting 6 months of waiting that could have been over the winter. Now I am off the water almost 2 whole summers. Still worth it in the end. I still feel it is the best aluminum sport boat built for our waters.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Speaking of Deweys......

Was in Anchortown this week and went to the boatshow Dewey's had in the mall.

I was talking to the guy there representing Deweys about upgrading to a 24' SeaArk.

Tried to ask the guy some questions. He blew me off.....I guess next time I will have to show up in a suit and tie.

Very disappointed in his attitude.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Default Not to Justify

anything , but the increase isn't 9000, my math says:
    Dealer went up 4000, but Deweys went up 5000????
    Deweys discounted 13000 last year and only 12000 this year???
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanmoosehunter View Post
    Speaking of Deweys......

Was in Anchortown this week and went to the boatshow Dewey's had in the mall.

I was talking to the guy there representing Deweys about upgrading to a 24' SeaArk.

Tried to ask the guy some questions. He blew me off.....I guess next time I will have to show up in a suit and tie.

Very disappointed in his attitude.
    My guess is that the guy you talked to is THE guy, meaning the owner. Enough said.