Thread: Custom Canvas Top

Default Custom Canvas Top

Does any one have any recommendations for anyone in the anchorage area that does canvas and eisenglass work?

Default Jim's in Wasilla

Jim's upholstery in the valley does custom work and he's very good. He made a boat cover for my jetboat 5 years ago and it's still in excellent condition. Give him a call.
    BK

Default Silverstreak

I've seen some interesting canvas work out of his shop.

Default Silverstreak

Ben and company at Silverstreak do excellent work and use Topgun fabric - which is very durable - much better than others, such as Sunbrella.

Check Buster's. 10% off if you order during the Boat Show in the winter. Had my top done by them and love it. PM me if you'd like to see pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewey 260 View Post
    Check Buster's. 10% off if you order during the Boat Show in the winter. Had my top done by them and love it. PM me if you'd like to see pictures.

Do you have there number?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Buster's # 276-8677. Talk to Willey

Default Busters all the way

I had Buster's make a winter cover for my North River. Top notch work and garanteed for life. When I need a new canvas top I won't hesitate to take it to him.

Default Boat Top Work

I am a friend of Buster Hall. He does excellent work and has been in the business of building boat tops for a long time. I don't think you will hear anybody complain about his work. Buster happens to be an really nice guy and gives back to the community for what that's worth. He was an International Director for Lions Clubs International and represented our state very well. Buster's is the place.

Default nomar down in homer

nomar in homer does some nice work

Default Again for Buster's

Buster's did my winter slant back top, as well as my enclosure on my boat. If you get it in this time of year, he might deal on price, and the schedule will be easy. If you wait until the boat show to order, you'll be booking for June or July.

Top notch quality, excellent customer service - you won't be disappointed (with other than the price tag - they're all really PROUD of the work!)

Cheers,

SH

SH,

Do you have any pictures of the back cover you can post? I am curious as to how they attach it and how may holes they have to drill in your boat.

Jim

Jim, I don't have pics of the full top, but I can get one of the slant cover - which essentially uses the same snap locations . . . . I'll see if I can get it posted in the next day or so . . .

R,

SH

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Hotel View Post
    Jim, I don't have pics of the full top, but I can get one of the slant cover - which essentially uses the same snap locations . . . . I'll see if I can get it posted in the next day or so . . .

R,

SH
    Thanks SH,

I look forward to seeing the pictures. One concern I have is that if you put a snap in a piece of aluminum of your boat, especially if it is painted, are you not subject to that being a crevice corrosion location in the future? Do they do something to seal this? I had a builder tell me recently that the best way to minimize corrosion on a painted aluminum boat is to drill all the holes and mount everything possible before it is painted, since any penetration of the paint will eventially be a corrosion point.

In my case, the boat will be bare aluminum, but I think this can still be an issue, only to a lesser extent. Here is a post from another forum discussing this topic. http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=1100878 If anyone has more information on this topic, please speak up, I would like to learn more about this topic.

Jim

Here are pics of my top done by Buster's
    Attached Images Attached Images

More pictures of top
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Busters

Can't say enough about Willie at Busters they have done 3 boat tops for me, great work, excellent tops. If you have any issues/ snaps come loose stitching need redone how ever old the top is, stop by and he will fix it on the spot. They also do top notch car and airplane interiors.