Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving 4 Delta rightttt NOW

Default Leaving 4 Delta rightttt NOW

Alright permit in hand truck pretty much ready to go, 1 stop for gas and we are headed up!

Good Luck!

Be ready for some chilly weather.

http://www.arh.noaa.gov/zonefcst.php?zone=223
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

U R Right on that one it is plenty chilly!
    We allready missed one opportunity.... We will be back up and at it early in the morning! This time we will have rifles in hand the entire time in the hunt area. The cows sure are getting run around right now and are skittish for good reason, we walked 30' off of one road and found 2 gut piles!

LuJon - Where are you hunting, and where are you staying? I'm up here helping a friend on a bison hunt. We're mainly hunting the north side of the Alaska Highway about 20 miles out of town. No bison yet, but we did see a few today. We also saw lots of moose, but they were all on private land.

We're staying at the Tanana Loop Country Inn B&B. This place rocks!

Brian, We are at kellys alaska country inn. Nothing to write home about but it is warm and clean oh and it has WIFI. We are chasing the 798 cows. I have the whole family sans my youngest so we are really just having fun but hoping to connect of course. Is your place lodging in town? If so shoot me a PM and maybe we can grab a bite tomorrow. We should be back in Delta shortly after dark, I think we got back around 730 today.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Brian, We are at kellys alaska country inn. Nothing to write home about but it is warm and clean oh and it has WIFI. We are chasing the 798 cows. I have the whole family sans my youngest so we are really just having fun but hoping to connect of course. Is your place lodging in town? If so shoot me a PM and maybe we can grab a bite tomorrow. We should be back in Delta shortly after dark, I think we got back around 730 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    LuJon - Where are you hunting, and where are you staying? I'm up here helping a friend on a bison hunt. We're mainly hunting the north side of the Alaska Highway about 20 miles out of town. No bison yet, but we did see a few today. We also saw lots of moose, but they were all on private land.

We're staying at the Tanana Loop Country Inn B&B. This place rocks!
    Man you two need to check into Rehab....Talk about an O.D addiction You can't even go hunting without checking the forum to see who's talking about you .
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Man you two need to check into Rehab....Talk about an O.D addiction You can't even go hunting without checking the forum to see who's talking about you .
    Roger I was thinking much the same thing! Guys if you have enough energy to get on the internet after a days hunting and you still have not bagged any game then you are not hunting hard enough.

Good luck to the both of you!

How much snow is down there ? Are you having any trouble getting around the fields in your truck?
    Thanks for any info, and good hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by WHLSUP View Post
    How much snow is down there ? Are you having any trouble getting around the fields in your truck?
    Thanks for any info, and good hunting!
    About six inches or so. Driving around the fields is OK, but there are some wind drifts that I haven't been comfortable driving through.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Such are the depths of my commitment to these forums, Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    About six inches or so. Driving around the fields is OK, but there are some wind drifts that I haven't been comfortable driving through.
    If you had bought that diesel you would blast through like in a Subaru commercial.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Brian, sorry about not calling you for dinner but we were a lil busy

Wife's 1st moose

Funny thing is with all the money I spent on hunting gear in the last year we got it wearing blue jeans cotton shirts and our snowmachining stuff. Go figure... I did try out my new favorit hunting shirt with great success. Wife did all the work putting 180 grns of cheapo wini silvertip through the spine about 4 vertebrae back from the head! It died before it hit the ground! Not 2 bad! The shot was standing 60yds. Nothing like butchering a moose in the dull light of a slowly fading LED headlight, luckily we had just enough battery to get it done and hauled the 70 yds back to the truck.

Any one recognize the quote on my shirt? It's a classic

Right on LuJon,

Guess our wives showed us how its done this year huh?? Congrats to her!!!!

Nice moose, Lujon. The quote is from the Mel Brook's film, Space Balls

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

good job MRS lujon......
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Great moose drive safe on the way home.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default Congrats (I'm on my way next week)

Congrats on that moose!! I'm sooo jealous, had to postpone my "normal" hunt due to work, but have a permit...and am heading that way next week. Have an Argo...no tracks though, so here's hoping for not too much snow

Nothing like sub-zero camping (in camper though)...and an old chevy 6.2 diesel that doesn't like to start below about 15...sounds like she'll run the whole time

Anyway...Congrats!!!!

Well the drive back was uneventfull. We made the standard stop at Eureka Roadhouse for lunch good food as usual! The roads were much better in the mountains than they were on the way up.
    Now all thats left is tol drive the meat in to Indian valley tomorrow and have it processed. Thanks for all the tips on cleaning the meat up but I think I will probably just clean it with my wallet and pay the extra 10 cent per pound. I am leaving soon and just don't have time to mess with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo2382 View Post
    Nice moose, Lujon. The quote is from the Mel Brook's film, Space Balls
    Good 2 see I am not the only nerd on the forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast