Thread: broke and desperate

Default broke and desperate

I know some of you blokes are pretty smart and I am desperate(don't get your hopes up). I broke the thumb lever on my Savage FLSAK116 L/H and I need to know if the new accu trigger will fit as a replacement.
    I have tried to conntact Savage with no luck, can't find anything on the net that says I can or can't.
    Murph you might know just a yes or no will surfice.

If the gun did not come with the Accutrigger and the rear top of the receiver is flat, then an Accutrigger will not fit without machining to the receiver. your best option would be to order an aftermarket trigger for it. The most popular aftermarket trigger among Savage owners is the SSS trigger available from Fred Moreo at Sharp Shooter Supply for about $90. I have one and it is fantastic. If you don't need the whole trigger group and only need the thumb safety (I think that's what you are talking about) Fred should have that part available as well for a small price. I bet he would sell one to you for less than $10.

CTROUT,
    thanks for that mate, was certainly my inkling I 'll give Fred a try if I can find him on the net.