Thread: 9.3x64

Default 9.3x64

Need help--
    I'm interested in building a 9.3x64 and would like to know what caliber of rifle should I buy for the correct action to build upon.

Thanks for all your information

I'm not sure what you are planning on doing, but I friend of mine bought a 9.3 CZ and out of the box it was a really nice rifle. That would seem like a good place to start.

Rob

Smile Maybe the CZ ...

I think the CZ company chambers the 9x3.62. I am sure Murphy, Brown Bear or several of the other forum members could tell you if that could be rechambered to the 9x3.64. It is the case I have been interested in for along time. A friend of mine made one up from a early Mod. 70 "Classic" 30-06 and he owns another in a fancy Manlicher Schoner. I think it is a good one to neck up or down or leave as is. Have fun!

I'd just find an action that is suitable for a standard length magnum. It is comparable to the 338winny but without the belt (size comparison).

I have not converted a rifle to 9.3x64 but I have converted one to an offspring of the old 9.3x64, the 376 Steyr and two of them to a wildcat based on the same case. I tried the 376 Steyr case in the Montana 99 action, the Sako and a couple of 98 Mauser actions. The 98's had the best feeding with the shorter 376 case and one of the wildcats was an improved (expanded at the shoulder) case and it still fits and feeds very well in the Mauser. The bolt will need to be cut to accept the .500" bolt head. I've seen the model 99 action with the 9.3x64 and the shorter 376 Steyr and they do work but need some work to feed and keep rounds in the magazine when cycling the bolt. The Mauser needed nothing but the bolt cut. The original 9.3x64 was in a '98 Mauser. I phave one now and it does work very well with no modification even with the heavier bullets seated long to equal 9.3x64 length.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default RE: 9.3x64 Brenneke accessories for sale

I have some 9.3x64 Brenneke accessories for sale:

9.3mm Accessories

Description: Barnes 9.3mm bullets, .366 diameter, 286gr. XFB Barnes X-bullets, 50 per box.
    17 Full boxes of 50 pieces each = 850 bullets
    1 opened box of 46 pieces total
    Total count is 896 bullets.

I bought these for the purpose of reloading them with a custom rifle in the 9.3x64 Brenneke cartridge. Craig Boddington said that the only cartridge that could possibly be better than the 375 H&H for all around African use would be the 9.3x64 Brenneke. It has been used successfully on everything up to and including Elephants with tremendous results. It has even been used for deer sized game and smaller, as it is flat shooting and also causes little damage to meat. I opened one box of these bullets to send 4 pieces to RCBS as a sample to make some custom bullet seater plugs for my RCBS dies in 9.3x64 Brenneke.

Also for sale are 199 pieces of brand new brass. I used one piece of brass to make a sample cartridge for a dummy round to cycle through the action in gunsmith school. I also have a new chamber finish reamer and headspace gauges for this caliber. So with these a person could just order a 9.3mm Shilen barrel, and put it together with an action and stock for an awesome custom rifle.

Description Retail Price: Sale Price:

Barnes 9.3mm XFB 286gr. Bullets
    896 pcs @ .9898 cents each. $886.86 $800.00

9.3x64 RWS Brenneke Brass new 199 pcs.
    Sell for $1.64 each (sold individually as high as $2.15 each.) $427.85 $316.36

9.3x64 Brenneke Finish Reamer $109.99 $95.00
    Clymer solid pilot chamber finish Reamer

9.3x4 Brenneke H.S gauges $55.98 $49.00
    (Both GO and NO GO gauges)

Total for package deal: $1,260.36

Default 9.3X64 Accessories

This is Martino5
    Iam interested in all your accessories. How can we make a transaction.

Default Sale of 9.3x64 Brenneke Accessories

I thought to post a reply as to why a guy in South Korea is trying to sell some accessories stored in Nebraska on a website in Alaska. This is not a fraud. I posted these 9.3x64 Brenneke accessories and 330 Dakota accessories for sale on the Shooter’s Forum and The Firing Line Forum. Both forums deleted my posts saying it was against their rules to sell stuff, although they had members who requested information on where to find these things I am selling. You guys in Alaska are cool about it and are the only forum who did not delete my posts. I live in South Korea because my wife is from here but I have my guns and reloading stuff stored on my parent’s farm in Nebraska (since nothing that goes bang is allowed in Korea). I was formerly a gunsmith so I have some accessories for sale from some custom rifles I made in the past. I did not want to put my parents contact information on the internet in case some “bad elements” might show up on their farm. So I arranged with a Sporting Goods store in Fremont Nebraska to handle the transaction for me. This is not a commercial sale but a private sale being handled by a store and I have to pay them a transaction fee for receiving payment for me. This makes it easier for the buyer as they can use a credit card or other forms of payment since my parents have no way of handing such transactions. The contact information for the sporting goods store is:

Nebraska Sports
    Dustin Novotny-assistant manager
    866 E. 23rd
    Fremont Mall
    Fremont, NE 68025
    Phone: (402) 721-5255
    Fax: (402) 721-6811
    Email: n.sports@qwestoffice.net

Just ask for transaction for 9.3x64 Brenneke Accessories by Kenneth.

When payment is received, I will have my parents ship the items to your address.

If anyone buys these from me, I will pay for the postage for you to send it to Alaska or anywhere else.

I am planning a hunt in Alaska this September but I have to carry a lot of rain gear and winter clothing so I probably do not have the baggage space to bring these things along with me in person or else I could deliver these myself.

Default shipping of 9.3x64 Brenneke Accessories from Nebraska

I just checked on the internet how much it would cost to send 20lbs from Fremont, Nebraska to Fairbanks, Alaska (as an example).

Express mail is $91.00,
    Priority mail is 51.25,
    Parcel Post is 25.51.

I can ship these accessories anywhere in Alaska at my cost and I will provide the buyer with a USPS tracking number so the buyer will know where the parcel is at after it is shipped.

Default $200.00 Discount on brass and bullets

The 9.3x64 Brenneke Reamer and Headspace gauges have sold from this Alaskan Forum.
    I still have the bullets and brass remaining. Will sell by lot or piece with a discount for anyone who calls in.

Barnes 9.3mm XFB 286gr. Bullets
    896 pcs @ .9898 cents each. $886.86/new price.
    896 pcs @ .80 cent/bullet x 896 = $716.80/sale price.

9.3x64 RWS Brenneke Brass new 199 pcs.
    199 pcs @ $1.64 each = $316.36/new price
    199 pcs @ $1.00 each = $199.00/ sale price.

Nebraska Sports
    866 E. 23rd
    Fremont Mall
    Fremont, NE68025

Just ask for transaction for 9.3x64 Brenneke Accessories by Kenneth.

The whole mess would fit in a medium flat rate box for $10 from anywhere in the US to anywhere in the US.

I have built my 9.3x64's on a mauser 98 and a ruger mk11. would you ship your 9.3x64 brass to canada?

Default Will ship 9.3 accessories anywhere

Yes, I will ship to Canada or any country at my expense for anyone who buys the items. Just contact Nebraska Sports and they will do the payment and shipping from their store.

Default The Brass has been sold. Only the 9.3 Barnes bullets left.

Description:
    Barnes 9.3mm bullets, .366 diameter, 286gr. XFB Barnes X-bullets, 50 per box.
    17 Full sealed boxes of 50 pieces each = 850 bullets
    1 opened box of 46 pieces total
    Total count is 896 bullets.
    New Price: $49.49/box or .9898 cents each.
    Sale price of $39.00 box or .78 cents each.

Free shipping to any location.

Nebraska Sports
    866 E. 23rd
    Fremont Mall
    Fremont, NE68025

Ask for Barnes 9.3 bullets by Kenneth