Thread: Youth Bow Recomendations

Default Youth Bow Recomendations

Looking to get my 10 year old daughter a compound bow for christmas. Had her draw length measured at 22.5". I was hoping to get her a bow that she could shoot now but grow into. What I've found to fit her is adjustable from 10" to 24" with 10# to 25# draw weight. I was hoping to find something that she was more on the low end of the adjustment instead of the high end. Anyone have any suggestions?

Default Archers den

I was in Archers den today and saw a youth bow on consignment. Looked brand new. I don't know much about youth bows, but paul is AWESOME with setup. I'll be taking my wife in there shortly as she said she was interested in learning to shoot.

Default Genesis

Not sure if you have already looked at the Mathews Genesis series but they are great youth bows. I am pretty sure Sportsmans Warehouse carries them. Good luck and good to see the daughter getting into archery. Can't wait to get my daughter started! Good luck with the search.

RC

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I have Diamond bows for my kids... they are spendy off the bat, but as the kids grow they limbs are all that i need to buy for them now... they are all at 20-30 and new limbs will put them 30-40 and up to 45 ... it allows the kids to shoot train the mussels and grow with THEIR bow... that is of a good quality as well...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks all. Narrowed it down to the Diamond Edge or the Parker Side Kick. Probably leave the rest to my daughter to decide which looks cooler.

Default Sidekick

You do know that the Parker Sidekick XP comes in pink camo? Draw range 18 to 28 inches and with either 20-30#, 30-40#, or 40-50#limbs? That was enough for me, my grandson will be getting one this Chrismas, one of the 20-30#ers. Not pink! Don't need a bowpress to change to draw lenght, very easy. Great litte bow, I've added linb savers and a stabilizer to the grandson's, now it really looks like his Dad's ( my son ) bow.

Screw the training wheels get her a vintage Lil' bear! Very cool looking great shooters, affordable and she'll have an immediate connection with the rich history and traditions archery has to offer.

PS Trad archery has given me more than I can write, including the self discipline necessary to become proficient.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

My 9 year old daughter has been shooting a Hoyt/Easton K-bow. 20lb Takedown. She has a good time at targets or out stump shooting with Dad.

Default $$

How much is a new set of limbs for the upgrade on the Diamond bow? I'm looking for my boy but don't want to spend a lot of $$ and have him grow out of it, so it looks like this might be my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by goaty View Post
    How much is a new set of limbs for the upgrade on the Diamond bow? I'm looking for my boy but don't want to spend a lot of $$ and have him grow out of it, so it looks like this might be my answer.
    The Diamond Edge/Cutter draw length is easily adjusted without changing cams or need of a press from 18"-28". Limbs sets (18# -29#, 29# - 40# and 40# - 50#) are $40 per set. The bow itself is $249.99 or as a package (bow, rest, sight, peep, wrist strap, and quiver) for $329.99.

Default Thanks for the info

Thanks PM,
    I live in Delta but am planning on bringing the family down to the big city for Christmas, so we might come in and see you. I was planning on getting this for my boy for Christmas so this will be a great opportunity to get him set up right.
    Thanks again,