Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter permit supplement is available

Default Winter permit supplement is available

The winter permit supplement is now out. Drawing deadline is 6 December. Good Luck to everyone!!

RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Well if I don't draw anything again this year maybe I can claim my payment to ADFG as a charity LOL.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I noticed they put some of the spring moose drawings in the winter drawing now.

How about that change to the permit application periods to take affect in 2009/2010? Now we have something to look forward too for next years drawing period!!

Looks like the # of sheep permits in 14C has been cut pretty dramatically, particularly in Eagle River.

I guess you'd all better put in for other permits.

Default Kodiak Goat Hunts

Looks like they jumped the numbers way up this year.
    I know they were talking about going to registration, but it looks like they just increased the numbers.

Default My bad.

For some reason I thought the numbers had increased, looking further into it. I was wrong

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well in a fair effort to put the kids on a moose in our yard next season... only 65 of you guys can apply for the dm 770.... if you promise... i will show you where they live....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Kodiak goat tags look about the same right now.

I wonder why they added some moose drawings to the winter period? I think it would have been best to keep it all the same because I think some folks are going to be ticked to see several of the interior permits were moved to the winter draw and they missed their chance. Since they are making a major overhaul for '09-10, why would they make some minor tweeking now?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    I wonder why they added some moose drawings to the winter period? I think it would have been best to keep it all the same because I think some folks are going to be ticked to see several of the interior permits were moved to the winter draw and they missed their chance. Since they are making a major overhaul for '09-10, why would they make some minor tweeking now?
    well dont make a stink of it.... more for us here....we told each other and the rest???? snooze ya loose.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default three permits

Of note to mention here for the whole drawing process. This would not apply untill the spring supplement comes out, but guys may want to print or write down what they put in for. My memory is not so good.

I had to look this one up for the regulatory or license year blurb.

"You may not apply for more than three different drawing permit hunts for the same species per regulatory year."

Does anyone know how you would actually go back and check to see what you put in for?

Only way is to make a copy if you do the mail in thing. If you apply online you get an e-mailed receipt with your picks attatched.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    What are they doing in '09-10???

Last year I put in for 4 moose permits on accident. I went to Fairbanks Fish and Game and they said there was nothing I could do. I got in contact with another person at Fish and Game by recommendation here, and he cancelled one of my spring permits for moose so I could still have two chances.

The guy I talked to was able to look up how many permits I put in for, and said this is one of the reasons they are going to move to a new, once a year permit system. This will be a mute point after this spring drawing, but for now you'll have to remember how many you applied for in the winter when you apply in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    What are they doing in '09-10???
    They are going to hold all of the permit drawings at one time. It mentions it on the first page of the supplement. The new drawing permit timeframe will be in the winter and it will be open for a longer period of time. Drawing winners will be announced earlier as well.

Thanks. I just skipped right over that to what I wanted to apply for.

Well thats good. Get to find out that I didn't win earlier Makes since to me. Always wondered why they split it up like that, I think that'll be an improvement.

well no more ewe sheep tags huh?! dang, sheep i actually got to hunt....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    well no more ewe sheep tags huh?! dang, sheep i actually got to hunt....
    Management-wise that might be smart. I haven't seen the official counts, but it seems like I've been seeing less sheep in 14C lately. On a selfish level, though, that's a bummer. My wife was really hoping to win a ewe permit. I guess she'll just have to kill a 40" ram.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast