Thread: Antlerless Question

Default Antlerless Question

The regs state that an cow cannot be taken when it has a calf; what if there's two people hunting and one takes the calf; is the cow fair game after that?
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Probably depends if killing a calf is legal or not. If so, I don't see why not.

I did not think it was ever legal to take a calf....is it???

There is a calf drawing permit up in the Fairbanks area (I think?), but other than that I can't think of a time when taking a calf is legal.

Calves were legal in the antlerless hunts up until this year....The regs say no calves and no cows with calves!!

Quote Originally Posted by skier View Post
    Calves were legal in the antlerless hunts up until this year....The regs say no calves and no cows with calves!!
    I'm glad they changed it, unless for some reason Alaska's moose population is bursting at the seams.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Some units do not allow taking cows with calves. That means they are off limits.

Some units allow taking cows or calves so either one or both is fair game.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I am from alberta canada. I just went to alaska hunting regulations and it looks to me and very obvious that you can not shoot calves or cows with calves. it is in the canges in regulations for moose. Isnt internet a wonderful thing information at fingertips?????????????

my dm424 permit for ft rich says bull calves are legal to hunt

There are areas that stipulate "Any Moose" as the bag limit. While I would not shoot a cow that had a calf with this regulation it would be legal.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    There are areas that stipulate "Any Moose" as the bag limit. While I would not shoot a cow that had a calf with this regulation it would be legal.

there are those hunts that would say ONE MOOSE.... it would also say cows with calf can not be taken or it will not meaning ONE moose...which means a moose no matter size
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here