Thread: Yamaha Venture lite?

Default Yamaha Venture lite?

Anyone have one? likes/dislikes. I really like the concept 4-stroke effciency and not overly heavy from what they claim. With the price of fuel I'm seriously considering a 4-stroke and want a utility style. Thanks

KK

I talked with a guy riding one to his cabin in about 50 miles off the denali hwy last year. He loved it and I have to admit for a touring sled the thing is pretty slick. The onboard storage is huge without the rear seat. There is something to be said for a pretty quiet easy riding machine like that. It gets a claimed 20+ mpg as well which isn't too bad. I havn't ridden one myself but if I get a touring style sled the venture lite is on a short list of ones I would consider.

Thumbs up The way to go!

I have been riding Yamahas for 3 years now and these machine are just the best for all around use. I also have Arctic Cats and Polaris, but the Yamahas are costing less to run and maintane.
    You will love that rig!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

I don't know much about the Venture Lite, but I picked up a 2007 RS Venture 1000 on craigslist last year, and really like it. I prefer the riding position of the SkiDoo REV chassis for 1-up riding, but the quiet, fuel efficiency, and torque of a 4-stroker makes it a great option. If your riding two up, on hauling, it can't be beat. As someone else posted -- with the back seat pulled, onboard cargo space is like a minivan.

I love mine. Got a 2008 with 500+ miles so far. You get lots of ice build up in the tunnel when the temp is around 0 to +15F. Like 50 lbs of ice! Not much ice at warmer temps. Lots of howl from somewhere at speed. Don't know from where. Got to wear ear plugs. I'd say the mpg is more like 18 under ideal conditions. Lake and swamp messing around in soft stuff seems to be more like 14 mpg. Top speed around 75 mph.
    Ken