Thread: Self Guided Float for Moose ????

Default Self Guided Float for Moose ????

I'm planning a self guided Float for Moose in Sept of 2009, I have hunted Alaska a couple of times but never self guided.. I'm more worried about what I don't know I don't know. We will be in unit 21.. any words of advice would be great. I did order "Float Hunting Alaska's Rivers"

Default Let's talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter26201 View Post
    I'm planning a self guided Float for Moose in Sept of 2009, I have hunted Alaska a couple of times but never self guided.. I'm more worried about what I don't know I don't know. We will be in unit 21.. any words of advice would be great. I did order "Float Hunting Alaska's Rivers"
    Hunter,

Drop me a private message and let's talk about this. Whether you use my consultation service or not, I'd be happy to help you get pointed in the right direction.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Hello.

Are you planning on going by yourself? I am looking for someone to join me next year on a float hunt. I have guided in Alaska and have hunted there many times. I want to take just on moose in my life!

Riley

Default Moose float

Go light. Don't bring the kitchen sink. Comfortable is OK but don't bring too many comfort extras. If you have to portage or pull over some log-jams you will be thankful that you do not have to move too much baggage. Bring an axe and/or saw. Use google earth and Topo's to figure out the more moosey areas and try and concentrate on those areas as opposed to waisting time in less productive areas. Good rain gear ie. Helly Hansen Impertech. Just some of my thoughts good luck.
    PS. I am selling a 16 ft NRS Cataraft with multiple floor setups and is supercub compatable. Anyone interested??? get ahold. KAT

Thanks for the info.... I'm planning to go as light as I can .... I'm just not 100% what to expect but there is plenty of time. Again thanks

Tim

Default Float Hunt

Just returned from a float hunt this year and a few things that worked better than my buddies gear were my wading pants rather than hip boots and good warm wool clothing rather than army surplus wool. Also good quality dry bags.