Thread: Where is the snow...

Default Where is the snow...

Anybody been out yet. I heard there are people riding in Petersville. If you have been out, let the rest of us know where and how much snow there is.

Getting tons of it up here!

My cousin went out this past weekend to p-ville. They had to go all the way back to the foothills to get into the snow but word is it was worth it. He said the trail wasn't too bad going in which I am sure will change soon if it hasn't already!

Buddy of mine had been riding Glenallen/donnely dome from what I've been hearing.

I heard the same thing about Donely but he said he would only take a trail sled out there right now. But then again that was last week, after the snow we had yesterday up here it might be worth a trip. We got about 5" of new snow in NP yesterday so its just a matter of time.

Report from Kenney Creek Lodge in Peetersville is 18 inches on the ground and more in the hills.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

About 3"-4" around the Delta Jct. area in the last week. The area around Paxon should be pretty good I'm thinking. I don't think the state dept. is plowing the road to the Lakes any more this year, might want to check on that though. Looks like a good year for riding, and the dealears around the interior. Have fun and be safe. E.S.

Default Petersville

The kroto creek trail is rough as hell. My wife and I rode 21 miles back, stopped to have a snack, then started my sled (03 800 mountain cat) it backfired and quit. It was a long tow out. The area has been ridden pretty hard. A few more feet wouldn't hurt.

Default More in Petersville

We went in and had lunch at Kenny creek Lodge on Saturday, then up to Forks Roadhouse for a drink. The gauge out back at Kenny Creek Lodge said 24" or so of snow. Have to agree with akrider, the road in was rough as hell, but the bowls were great. Not only was there good cover to ride on, but the snow wasn't deep enough to get stuck. We're going back on Thursday for more riding.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default More new snow!

A new 4" on the ground in Houston! Anybody for riding at Big Lake this weekend?

Default big lake

Is there enough snow out at big lake to go riding there now?

Talking Plenty of snow and ice!

We live on Visnaw Lake, and we have plenty of snow and ice. I plan to go check the Big Lake trails this weekend. I'm sure they'll be in good shape.