Thread: Winter repower to AQ145's

Default Winter repower to AQ145's

I'm looking to upgrade from my AQ130's. Nothing wrong with them, just need a bit more. Who's running them? How efficient are they? I can't wait to get them dropped in. Going into a 24' 1976 Fiberform Cuddy.

My dad has that AQ130 in his boat and it is efficient but lacking in power. A very cheap option is you can up the power by going to a 2 or 3 carb setup.... come to think of it that might be all that the AQ145 is.... you are only talking 15hp.

Sobie2

Andrew give me a call when you`re swapping...I`ll lend a hand.

We are paying to have the 145's put in Charlie. Our "guy" has to warranty an outdrive anyways at the same time, along with check the hull for water inside. I can't wait to get it all done and be ready in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBroncoII View Post
    We are paying to have the 145's put in Charlie. Our "guy" has to warranty an outdrive anyways at the same time, along with check the hull for water inside. I can't wait to get it all done and be ready in the spring.
    I didn`t think I was going to like the Volvo 145 when we first took the boat out but has proven to be sturdy considering it`s long sit. We are able to get the boat loaded (about 4,500 lbs) up to 35mph on the GPS. Quite surprised to say the least. All we need to do is a gasket kit for the top end and we`re ready to run again.

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    I didn`t think I was going to like the Volvo 145 when we first took the boat out but has proven to be sturdy considering it`s long sit. We are able to get the boat loaded (about 4,500 lbs) up to 35mph on the GPS. Quite surprised to say the least. All we need to do is a gasket kit for the top end and we`re ready to run again.
    I am now looking at twin 151's. I may have found a pair. If the guy will cut me a deal, I will be going with 151's. Fuel injected, overhead cam.