Thread: rabbit dogs

Question rabbit dogs

i am looking into moving to alaska but i have not seen anyone say anything about rabbit dogs(beagles) i have five right now and would hate to have to sell them but do you guys not use them up there

i hear talk of using dogs to run hares up here

i was kinda thinking that maybe it was too cold for the beagles or maybe folks used other types of dogs

Well, there is a few of us here in anchorage and the valley that run beagles. Its great running around here. Sometimes the snow gets a little too deep, but other than that no problems.

If your looking at moving to the interior or somewhere where its extremley cold in the winter Id say forget it. I got a feeling that most dogs wont smell or run to good in -30 temps.

I got a pretty good little hound, but once it starts hitting around 0 degrees, it takes him quite a bit to circle a rabbit.

Default no dog left behind

i wish i had five dogs up here that would be a blast.....right now i only got one and she is young but loves to hunt...if i had more dogs i'd probably loose my job and my girlfriend...but i'd never go hungry....
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"