Thread: Need a small game hunting partner

Default Need a small game hunting partner

My wife said before I can go out hunting Saturday I have to find some one to split gas with. I don't care who drives. We have two kids with braces and are counting our Penney's this year. I don't care whet we target or how far we drive. I just need to go hunting as a way to unwind from the week. Last week I went to Sutton saw lots of rabbits and would like to do that but I will go any where. If you want to go PM me. I live in the Boniface Anchorage area.

Default thank you to all that replayed.

wow I was surprised by all the replies that I got. I counted 20 in my in box. I wasn't planning on any or vary few. It shows how many people there are that share the same past time.

As for the hunting Frozen Okie was the first to reply so we made a time to go. It turned out we have kids the same age so they were able to go as well. we met at 7 and headed out. We had the chance to try some spots that I haven't hunted in a long time and we found some new places that had a lot of sign. We each got a rabbit and a grouse. Now we both have new knowledge that we cant wait to try out on the next hunt.

Every hunt has a funny story and this one does to. As we were drive down the HWY we looked over and saw a few grouse sitting by the road. We know we cat shoot on or across the road so we decide to scare the birds off the road into the trees so we can shoot them. Frozen OKie picks a bird and it flies up into a spruce tree on the other side of a four wheeler trail. He than gos off into the trees to shoot the bird. I try to do the some thing only my bird. Unfortunately, it lived up to it's name dumb bird and walked to the yellow line and sat down. I tried to get to fly off the road but it did not move; not even when the truck ran over it. well I couldn't leave the bird I checked over the breast meet and it looked fine. the best part was that it took vary little cleaning to take care of it. I ate it yesterday and tasted great. Now I'm a real red neck as i ate road kill and it was good.

Talking you forgot

the real funny part 7 shots at one rabbitt and no it wasnt running

Default hehe hawhaw

I was about to call the army for back up

Got a wild turkey with the truck coming back from the pub back in MI. One of the best meals of my life.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I was trying to forget the 7 shots part but you would have to admit that it was one big bunny I saved the feet really they look big

i gotta get in on this action!
    Semper Fi!

this is too funny
    Thanks

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam