Thread: Whats everyone using for a call?? and how much?

Default Whats everyone using for a call?? and how much?

I was wondering how many out there are using electric and who is using hand calls? Anyone using a decoy?

I use a FoxPro FX3 in snow camo with their snowshoe sounds. I also set out a decoy that seems tow work well.

How much does everyone call? how loud ect...?

So far I have been calling almost continuously with small (1-2 min) breaks. And i have been keeping it pretty loud depending on how open the area is that I am calling.

Thanks
    Carl

Default Your Overcalling

Call for 1-2 minutes tops, then listen & watch for 10 mins or so. If your calling continuosly your over calling, also less is more! Lower the volume, canines, especially fox have excellent hearing.....

If you heed what you are being told, your results will go up.

Aktrpr

I use both custom hand calls and an EC, depending mostly on the set up, and if I have a hunting partner with me or not.

No decoy as of yet, but I have had a grouse wing tied to a string on a wire support for a few years. Just haven't carried it out with me at all.

Ill give it a try. Was out again last night with no luck. I will try to tone it down and see how that works.

Thanks
    Carl

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AKCarl View Post
    Ill give it a try. Was out again last night with no luck. I will try to tone it down and see how that works.

Thanks
    Carl
    ask the neighbor if you can borrow his cat for a night.....he'll call for you aobut right ...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

What are you trying to call in?