Thread: Speak now or forever hold your peace

Default Speak now or forever hold your peace

Guys, just a quick heads up for anyone that has hunted or still hunts up the Taylor highway. The BLM, state and native corporations are finalizing land selections in the state. Doyon has selected a lot of new land that will be conveyed to them by the up coming spring and will NO LONGER be able to be used for hunting. You have until Oct. 31 to notify BLM of any trails that you would like for easements that will cross these properties to reach state or BLM land on the other side. Once this is conveyed, there will be no easements added, so get with your buddies or whoever and call BLM and get your maps in with the trails that you have used and know are there. I believe this website will take you to the correct place.

This land selection is huge and will affect quite a few people.

www.blm.gov/ak/st/en/prog/land_trans_prog.1.html

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Guys, just a quick heads up for anyone that has hunted or still hunts up the Taylor highway. The BLM, state and native corporations are finalizing land selections in the state. Doyon has selected a lot of new land that will be conveyed to them by the up coming spring and will NO LONGER be able to be used for hunting. You have until Oct. 31 to notify BLM of any trails that you would like for easements that will cross these properties to reach state or BLM land on the other side. Once this is conveyed, there will be no easements added, so get with your buddies or whoever and call BLM and get your maps in with the trails that you have used and know are there. I believe this website will take you to the correct place.

This land selection is huge and will affect quite a few people.

www.blm.gov/ak/st/en/prog/land_trans_prog.1.html
    Thanks for the info, any ideas where the new conveyed land is at? I looked at the link and couldn't find a map showing the new land.

Default Most of the newly chosen...

land is on the West (left side of the Taylor highway) as you head up towards Eagle. Places out by Mosquito Flats, etc. Most of the selected land is up high where a lot of people hunted. Going to be a "shock" for most when they find out their old hunting camp is now private land.

Default You've got my attention!

I just left a message with the BLM office in Anchoragua.. I would really like to see a map of this new land.

You guys need a clue.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Give us a hint O Marv................

Here's a link with the maps...http://www.blm.gov/ak/st/en/prog/lan...17b_Doyon.html

Scroll to the bottom and the bullets are on the left side. The maps shows the existing lands (outlined red with slashes) and the new lands (outlined red).

Default ...a clue...

MARV1,
    Thank you for the sage advise (I think)...that "you guys need a clue".
    So please provide "you guys" a clue as to what clue is needed.
    Anything additional might help the forum readers understand what you are advising.
    Remember, the emphasis is on accuracy...
    Thanks,
    Dennis

Default Marv1

What the get the clue thing? Just posting information to anyone that has hunted up there and to keep them posted on the outcome. The BLM is asking for all the information they can get to keep access in the area. Can you inform me of the "clue"? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MARV1 View Post
    You guys need a clue.

Give me a clue too. What would happen to me if I slaughtered over 100 caribou. This land grab is happening all over southcentral from all the "tribes" cough...cough...coorperations and greedy ones at that. Stripping up and down the highway including all, campgrounds, etc will be closed that had no previous native use. Just the facts. Here is what athna is grabbing too as this will affect many. http://www.blm.gov/ak/st/en/prog/lan...tna_Lands.html take a peak here to see how any of this will affect you, you can apply for tail easements only until the end of the month, wich is now so i guess it's too late.

Default all gone

my sheep hunting south of Cantwell east of the road at the south end of Broadpass is now gone, as is sheep hunting around twin lakes north east of coldfoot, its just plan wrong!!

You know by the time as this tribal land selection crap is done we will be lucky to have
    any place left to hunt in Alaska.

Default Marv1 seems...

to have pulled and AKPM act. Post and then abandon. Just want your thoughts on your comment Marv.

Default money trail

45 million acres and nearly 1billion dollars. They just seem to be getting a raw deal. It would be really interesting to see the real money "trail" tied to steven's and others over the years, including last month according to the article looks like steven;s was trying to interfere with a investigation into corrupt 8a dealings. Found this interesting piece about this issue in the NYtimes of all places. One native coorp. 5000 employees and only 50 of their shareholders employeed?????hmmmmm why would when recieving $$21,688$$ Would love to see where all of this wasted 8a cash has gone over the years. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/bu...1&ref=business