Thread: Culvert Replacement

Default Culvert Replacement

The Kenai Watershead Forum, Alaska Department of Fish and Game and the Kenai River Sportfishing Association support the replacement of culverts that restrict or prevent fish migration to spawning grounds and have worked closely together to identify and prioritize them for replacement. One of the highest priority culverts that was identified is at Coal Creek, which passes under the Kalifornski Beach Road south of Kenai. This project would reopen about 6 miles of spawning habitat for salmon, steelhead and trout. If you support this activity, DOT project #51170, the replacement of the Coal Creek culvert on K-Beach Road
    please drop a note to megan.costello@alaska.gov. If you want more information contact the Kenai Watershead Forum or Kenai River Sportfishing Association.

What is the over/under on how many posts it takes for this to turn into an anti-KRSA thread? I will go guess 10 posts.

Seriously Gusdog, this looks like a great project, these types of projects will have a positive effect for the watershed.

Default Coal Creek photo

Here is an ADF&G photo of the culvert. It is apparent how difficult is for fish to get up it.
    Photo of ADFG surveying Coal Creek Culvert

Your picture isn't showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon
    What is the over/under on how many posts it takes for this to turn into an anti-KRSA thread? I will go guess 10 posts.
    Looks like you're the instigator and trouble maker, so I'll say it already started at post #2.

Grampy and Yukon - please pull in the daggers and try to keep this thread on track....regardless of your individual positions consider the culvert replacement on its' own merits - without concern for any of your other agendas - and let people know what you think and if you support improving habitat for the Kasilof River.

gusdog44, yukon's comment was yet another one of his antagonizing and troublemaking trolls. Don't include me in the issue just because I pointed it out.

FWIW, prior to the Oct. 15th public meeting I had already submitted my comments to DOT&PF supporting the Coal Creek project. I think it was a no-brainer, and we can use more of that habitat-conscious thinking.

Thanks for your positive input....DOT needs our support to keep getting the funding to make these improvements.

Default I sent

my support for the project. It means more fish!!!!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/