Thread: Kawasaki Brute Force 750

Default Kawasaki Brute Force 750

I'm looking at a Brute Force 750What is your experiance with this machine?
    DR B

The brute is a fast and powerful atv. The fun factor was definately a 10. My 05 was an incredibly fun machine but required more maintenance than other atv's that I've seen. I'm sure Kawi has refined the design but mine was tough to steer and cumbersome in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    The brute is a fast and powerful atv. The fun factor was definately a 10. My 05 was an incredibly fun machine but required more maintenance than other atv's that I've seen. I'm sure Kawi has refined the design but mine was tough to steer and cumbersome in the woods.
    Good insight WG. I am leaning toward a Griz after seeing my buddy go through the woods on his. I had to reverse and make a 3 point turn on a stock 300 fourtrax and he drove the griz right around the same turn sitting on 26 mud lites! We spend a good bit of time traveling tight wooded trails and it is hard to find a big bore that will do that well!

Default Brute force

I have two 08 750I's and i love the speed. They were running a winch deal and the price for em is not that bad.

FWIW....I was looking hard at the Brute Force 750 when I bought my most recent wheeler (King Quad 750) and what I found is that guys seem to turn wrenches on the Brute Force quads quite a bit. They are strong machines but appear to not be all that bulletproof as far as repairs go, and I steered away from them because of it.

I've heard that the Brute force doesn't have a center of gravity as low as the Kingquad or Grizzly.So it's alot less stable in my opinion.
    A good all around atv i think would be a Grizzly or Kingquad cause there well balanced.But if you want power the bruteforce is better.

Default Brute

Dr. B, I can confirm what WG said. I have a KQ700 and rode with WG quite a few times, and the BF has amazing power. Mud holes that I would ride through, WG would come out the other end on 2 wheels. To see the power first hand was pretty amazing. That twin 750 is a very nice machine. I'm not sure about the ride quality, and is CG is pretty high too, but it is a nice quad.Doug

ihave had a 05 and i have a 07 now. the steering has been fixed. i have yet to put a wrench on my 07. like others have said it has the power, i like the ride of the 07 much more than my old one. as for turning radus the brute turs better than my foreman. i would say ride all the atvs you can. i have owned alot of them and love this new brute. mine sits on 28" tires and gets around pretty good, imo.

dale

Here's a bit more detail about my thoughts on my old 05 Brute

Pro's:
    Power and lots of it
    Simple to snorkel
    comfy seat
    LOVED the locker lever
    Easy to re-clutch
    Strong axles

Cons:
    4x4 wouldn't engage unless the atv was moving
    Differential seals were of the worst quality and needed to be replaced constantly - this was heart attack material
    Brake cables would constantly freeze in the winter even after replacing them twice
    Removing and reassembling the plastic was a job I would only want to tackle in a nightmare
    TWO CARBS = TWICE THE PITA!
    Carb boots needed constant replacing
    Poor steering
    Belt more likely to develope early wear and tear
    The carbs were jetted wrong from the factory

I've worked this machine more than I care to admit but I loved riding it and the three times it failed me in the field within 3000 miles I can honestly say two times it was my fault. Maybe I worked on it too much because I'm anal about my equipment running flawlessly. Would I buy another one? Maybe, and I would think about pretty hard but would rather have an atv with a dump bed.