Thread: Where to buy Sharkhide?

Default Where to buy Sharkhide?

Does anyone know where to buy Sharkhide in Fairbanks? or even Anchorage?

Thanks

Greer Tank & welding in Anchorage and FBX stocks it...well they did as of a year ago but I assume they still carry it....stuff isn't cheap..lol
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Thanks Tjm,
    Just called the Fbks store and they will have to bring it up from Anch. Did you use all 3 products? or just the protectant?
    Did it work well for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    Greer Tank & welding in Anchorage and FBX stocks it...well they did as of a year ago but I assume they still carry it....stuff isn't cheap..lol
    Greer Tank in Anchorage stocks the protectant for $75.00 a pint.

Default I bought it from sharkhide themselves

AKgramps,
    I just got through buying it directly from the factory. It cost me $144 for the cleaner and protectant + shipping.. I figured for what they are asking locally why not just pay the shipping and be done with it. My.02 cents

David

Thanks guys, I was all about sharkhide way back during the winter. It was not readily available when I was. So I used some tyoe of Acid wash? cant remember the name of the product? came from A&W wholesale in Fbks.
    Anyway worked good for cleaning, but did dull the mill finish that was on the aluminum. I considered polishing but ran out of time and energy with all the other projects I was trying to get acomplished, however after a week in the salt I can see things oxidizing quickly. If given the full Sharkhide treatment will it help prevent that from happening? at least slow it down? Does the full treatment produce a polished aluminum look w/ enough elbow grease?

Don't know about salt water but I put it on my XS at the start of the 07 season and it still looks as new. It is expensive but it certainly does work and is very easy to apply. Touched it up just a bit last year and will do the same this year if I ever get around to putting the @$!@#! boat into the water.

I polished my North River this past winter and treated it with Shark Hide. Three days chasing bears and chickens out of Homer with no oxidation. The boat still gleams with no oxidation. They claim two years between coats but since I hate the polishing process and it only takes a pint to coat the boat, I'll be adding a coat this fall. I do like a prety boat.