Thread: Help...please...Airboat plans

Default Help...please...Airboat plans

I have a chevrolet 5.7L V8 engine in a truck and the engine needs to be rebuilt. I was going to sell the truck as a whole, but I am considering pulling the engine and over time rebuild it, find a good boat and construct an airboat. Does anyone have any experience with this. It looks like (searcing www) with a lot of patience and know how you can build a decent airboat. Is it worth pulling the engine instead of letting it go....honestly I don't think I will get much for the truck even with the engine
    Thanks
    Also Do I need to pull anything else from the truck other than the engine...maybe the radiator and possible tranny (from online looks like airboats don't use transmissions-just learning about them) Thanks

PM sent. CN

Hi There As I Had Said Give Me A Call And I Will Try To Help You If I Can, Skip

Default Will Do

Thanks will do,
    Just been a little busy...I am outprocessing because I am retiring from the military and heading to Anchorage

Default air boat

check with the people at alaska air boats in wasilla. as far as i know they are the only air boat builders left in alaska. i think you would be hard pressed to take a boat hull and build an air boat from it.

Smile Building an air boat.

The guys at alaska air boat are a lot of help give them a call. They will talk to you there good guys.

Thumbs up Air boat builer.

Hi give me a call i can give you some pointers i owen one. Good luck and have fun.

Smile Air boat.

Air boats use reduction units on small and big blocks motors most 350 use 2.1 units they are belt drive or gear drive units.

Talking Air boat units.

Most small and big block motors use reduction units

Find a good used airboat, this one was for sale in Fbks last fall for 20K, ready to go 18 foot Weaver, 504, cab heat, intercom, ect,ect. not my boat, but seriously considered it.
    I am sure there will be others if you are patient.
    Building a boat and getting it rigged, on a trailer and ready to go is a lot of work, I am not trying to discourage you but a wore out chev 350 is not worth much to start with.........
    Last edited by Akgramps; 03-21-2010 at 22:56.