Thread: renting snowshoes in Anchorage

Default renting snowshoes in Anchorage

Where would one go to rent snowshoes in Anchorage?

Thanks

you can rent them from REI. You could also borrow mine as I barely use em if you want. (I only have on pair and they are fairly big). I think Peter Glenn ski and sport also may rent them.

And this is just my opinion and many will surely disagree..........I'd suggest using backcountry cross country skis unless you are going up some really steep stuff. Snow shoes are great for some things but in general Skis are easier.

Anyway rent them at REI. Enjoy the snow!!!!!

That's a nice offer considering you don't know me, heh I actually have my own snowshoes; the rentals would be for my brother who's flying up for a backcountry trip over Thanksgiving. I would be happy to ski in but I have absolutely no backcountry ski experience; nor does my brother. I figured we'd stick to what we know. I'll check with REI then, thanks again...

Great, but the offer stands if you need them or run into trouble. They are really big atlas shoes. I'm 220 (on a good day) and they are rated for almost 300. I still submarine in deep snow but think they all do.

Have a great day!

Default rental snowshoes

UAA Student Union Info Desk if you're a student (or know one who'll rent for you.)
    Drink indigenous.

Quote Originally Posted by Akbrownsfan View Post
    Great, but the offer stands if you need them or run into trouble. They are really big atlas shoes. I'm 220 (on a good day) and they are rated for almost 300. I still submarine in deep snow but think they all do.

Have a great day!
    Thanks, I'll message you if I decide to go that route.