Thread: Craigslist clown

Default Craigslist clown

Well I have been getting things together for winter and a wheeler w/ a plow is on the list of things to get. I have decided to get one of the smaller chasis 400's. I have been keeping an eye on craigs list waiting on a good deal. Well I saw a 2006 Kodiak pop up last night at a great deal. I called and left a message just a few minutes after the post went up. I got a call this morning telling me that it was mispriced. I am pretty interested in the wheeler and willing to accept an honest mistake in the pricing so I asked the guy how much he really wanted for the rig. His response was that he had "36" calls on it and he wasn't sure what he wanted for it. I told him I had saved cash for this and if we could settle on a price for the rig I could be there today with cash in hand. He continues to balk at that and left me with "I will be out of town till Saturday and I will call everyone then so they can come and see it, I will just take the highest offer then" What a CLOWN!!!
    I am sure others have seen this type of idiocy so feel free to vent as well! If you are one of the other "36" you csn persue this deal if you want, I am not going to continue it!

Default Had the same happen

to me 2 years ago. Guy had a Grizz for a good price, called and agreed on price over the phone. Went to pick it up same day after work and he said he changed his mind. I had a friend call the following day and he sold it for $200 more than his asking price.I can't stand idiots like that. Had to vent. Let me know what your looking for, I have a few co-workers getting ready to PCS and looking to sell.Doug

Craigslist gets some real gems on there sometimes. My wife put her Rancher on there to sell so she could buy the 09 version. Some a-hole calls the house while i'm not there and proceeds to give her a ration of crap about her asking price, how it was overpriced and all then he hangs up. He had his number blocked so I couldn't call him back. To make a long story short, she sold the wheeler for exactly what she was asking and couldn't be happier but this jerk almost ruined it for her. I haven't seen any of his posts lately so maybe CL is onto him.

Default Opposite side

Last year I sold two polaris 400's and had a overwelming response. Sold them within two hours to the first guy who called for a reasonable asking price.I had to turn down a bunch of higher offers that night. Thought about it but just couldn't screw the guy when he agreed to buy sight unseen, I new he wanted them bad. Some people just suck. For the people who call and complain about the price I dont understand them, if they don't like the price they should just move to the next posting.

Default no phone number

I love CL, but will never put my phone number on the posting. Reply via email and then we can deal, but if you want to vent to me about my asking price, do it on email where I can easily delete!

Hey, I called him too. He was a complete A-Hole. Told me he had typed wrong price but never told me what the "correct" price was. I think he just wants everyone to show up....I hear 4,000 and one for 4500 etc.

Thin he is just playing games, probably doesn't even have a wheeler. Sounded to good to be true, I guess it was.

He now has posted it up for 5400 which is funny cause you can go get an actual new one for a few hundred more and they come with a warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    He now has posted it up for 5400 which is funny cause you can go get an actual new one for a few hundred more and they come with a warranty!
    I like the bank appraised at 4800 like your really getting a deal. Nada had totally different high/low prices. I'll let you have this one Lujon.

I'm glad you called on that 400, I saw that same one and was ready to spend my savings because it was such a good price. I've had that happen a few times, price was so low that tons of people called and the person wanted to start a bidding war. Too many people have no backbone or are just greedy. If they wanted more for it just price it higher to start with. My last experience with craigslist was great though, bought a plow for a really good price. I was the first to call and he held it for me until it the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    The same thing goes for sleds. Watch sleds during the winter. The asking prices are within a couple of hundred bucks of a new one with a warranty.

Wild boar mentioned the NADA, and I had a guy on C/L that had a Tundra LT 550F listed tell me that NADA doesn't cover Alaska. The day after we talked about the sled (which ended up being a run out village sled anyway), he put in his ad that he didn't care what any price guide said because the price guides are only good for the lower 48 and not Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by upstream View Post
    Wild boar mentioned the NADA, and I had a guy on C/L that had a Tundra LT 550F listed tell me that NADA doesn't cover Alaska. The day after we talked about the sled (which ended up being a run out village sled anyway), he put in his ad that he didn't care what any price guide said because the price guides are only good for the lower 48 and not Alaska.
    I have never heard that before. He probably just said that to get an extra few hundred dollars out of somebody.

Charterboat Operator

Default Called on the same rig

Lujon, look at the bright side, they called you back! i left 4 messages and they didn't even call me!

I called about that one too. I didn't get a call back yet.

Some dude had a RMK 700 that looked cherry for cheap the other day. When I talked to him he stated that he priced it too low but I was welcome to come out and make a bid on it.

Arsehat
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default Some good, some bad.

I bought a nice Millermatic mig welder on CL this week, the guy had 36 calls by the time I got there. Many of those guys lived way closer to him than I did. He had several try to sweeten the pot by offering more dough.

He was a good seller, he held the unit for me on my word alone and I got it.

It's a crapshoot out there though.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i sold 5 motorcycles this year... all with in 12 hours of posting. and had prolly 40 calls on each... i told folks that the first guy that said yes got it... i also told him that if he didn't show up with in a few hours of when he said he would...or at least call... next guy got the call... i guess i only had one guy.. that wanted it but never showed or called... every one was great to work with..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here