Thread: 300 WSM info.

Default 300 WSM info.

I tried to look up info for reloading the 300 WSM but either there wanst anything available or I wasnt doing something correct. I would like to know if someone has a specific powder they are using to get good performance.

I was told by my good friend to pick up a couple of different powders and bullets and he would reload them for me. He told me that for sure get a lb of IMR4064. Is there another type that someone may have some good experiences?

I want to use 165 gr. bullets. I want to try TTSX, Accubond and possibly Scirrocco II. I was told that the Accubonds the Scirroccos were pretty much the same and will shoot very similar. Agree?

I appreciate any advice I can get. I have normally shot factory ammo and reloading is new to me and I can see how it gets into your blood.

Thanks in advance.

No and disagree. 4064 is not a highly regarded powder for the 300 WSM and never worked worth a crap for me when I was testing loads for that one. H4350 and RL-19 were two of the best powders with 150 to 200 grain bullets. 4064 and 4895 are a little too fast for that case capacity.

Also the Tipped TSX's and the Sciroccos are similar only at the tip and no where else. The TSX's are solid copper and the Sciroccos are bonded lead alloy core. The Sciroccos are my new most accurate bullet ever in a few of my 30 caliber guns including the 300 WSM.

Many have seen good results with the TSX's and the TTSX's and the 130 grain TTSX's I have used in a 308 have been one of the best shooters but copper fouling needs extra attention.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default Haven't tried the Barnes bullets in 300WSM

I tried RL15 as the most accurate powder tested from the Nosler reloading guide load with 165gr Accubonds and Ballistic Tips, with fairly good results. I figure the bullet manufacturers loads are a good starting point to find an accurate load. If achieve acceptable accuracy I will call it good.

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

H4350 is what I use also.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I am on 69 grs of RL-19 pushing a 165 Horn. Interbond(similar to ABonds).

As far as the bullets shooting similar...you HAVE to shoot them thru YOUR rifle to find out. It may or may not like one or the other, or it'll shoot em both good...gotta shoot em to find out.

Construction of the Scirroco and AB bullets is similar...check them out on their sites.

Default 4831

I have had excellent results with the 165 Scirocco using IMR4831.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."