Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Hunting Partner

Default Wanted: Hunting Partner

I would like to meet somebody that I could go duck, grouse and ptarmigan hunting with. I live in Soldotna and honestly don't know anybody to go hunting with.

I'm also looking for a hunting partner. I am interested in all kinds of small game and waterfowl and possibly caribou. I live in anchorage.

check your pms new2town.

I have only ben up here for like 6 months so i dont know alot of people but i do hunt as much as i can and am always up for meeting new people. This time of they year i have ben trying for rabbit and ptarmagin but I will hunt whatever is in season and tastes good. I am from Anchorage so if anybody wants to hunt PM me. Also one clear night with a full moon I want to try calling some yotes out. I ride snowmachine also so there is alot of small game hunting to be done off that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rlcofmn View Post
    Also one clear night with a full moon I want to try calling some yotes out.
    I am no expert, but my brother has done a lot of moonlight calling. His experiences have been that fox tend to come by moonlight, while he gets coyotes to respond during the day. He's never taken a fox during daylight, and never a yote at night.

wow 620 views on this post. guessin there is alot of solo people out hunting!

I will be responding to post's like this as soon as I get to Anchorage. I do enjoy hunting alone sometimes but it's usually a lot more fun to have a few partners for me.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

MNviking, You planning on moving up here? I moved up from minnesota 6 months ago and have loved it.

rlcofmn,

I'm in the Air Force and FINALLY got an assignment to Elmendorf. I intend to play the system and stay there until I retire. After that I'll decide if I want to stay in AK or go back to the L48.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

I moved up here from MN in 1995, and am still looking for someone to go hunting with! I found a lot of people to fish with, but finding people to hunt with is another story.

I've been back there in November for all 13 deer seasons though.

Thumbs up partner needed also

I know the feeling----moved to AK 7 years ago. Been on quite a few DIY's with friends from the lower 48 or relatives but it seems everyone here wants to fish but hunting partners are hard to find. I enjoy it all, so if anyone needs a partner PM me also. Live in S. Anchorage but no issues in driving.

I was really thinking about heading back for a whitetail but i decided my moose was good enough for big game for the year. I did go back for a 3 day weekend and shot my first pheasant how sad is that I lived there for 22 years and never shot one till after i moved up here. I had my bear tag for last fall down there but i decided it was not worth flying back to shoot a bear when there are so many more here.

I'm in Anchorage and am always looking for a partner to fish/hunt with. Drop me a PM if your interested.

Jon

Default I'm looking also!

I moved up here in 95, then had to leave in 98, moved back in 05, and am here to stay. Also looking for hunting partners. I have a wacky schedule, and off alot of weekdays. I got a spaniel that would love to chase birds, just haven't found the right places! I also have a snowmachine to hunt off of. I live in Chugiak, and also not afraid of driving.

Default Looking for hunt partners

When I owned a sporting goods store in the '80s the coffee pot was always on. the boys would come in and soon would team up for a hunt. suggestion, stop by the gun store and make some new friends..
    Hope this helps.

PS. check out the gun ranges.

PM Sent to you

Default everyone needs hunting buddies

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I'm moving to Anchorage in Aug of this year. Is it really that hard to find hunting buddies? Why is that? Are people worried their secret spots will be given away?

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Yes, no, and yes.

I used to love solo hunting when I was younger. But not so much in the last 10 years.

Two years ago something roared at me. It didn't huff, woof, snort, growl, or clack it's teeth... it frigging ROARED like the MGM Lion on steroids.

While my body is failing me, and my eyes aren't what they once were (20/15), I trust my ears 100% of the time.

So much of your aversion is based on unreliable accounts that I say go where you feel comfortable and stop when you're not.

I've been stuck on cliffs, trapped in fog, confronted by bears, and up to my nethers in the worst conceivable places.

I'll always vote for hunting in pairs. Though, I'll continue hunting alone when partnering is not an option.

Yes, no, and yes.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

i have had a few hunting partner over the years, good friends, my last partner went back to minnasota, we had a good time, fishing, hunting prospecting. well i had to work hard one winter, he thought i was upset with him. i worked hard because i wanted to get a boat. his father was having health issues and he took his family badck to his home. since that time i had an accident where my arms and legs were broken, so moose hunting is out. i have few friends now that i would trust with safetly handling a gun. this year i'm going to try my luck at black tail deer. i enjoy duck hunting and small game hunting. of course my boat is in use alot during the summer and have made a few friends from out of state. but most of the people i knonow either use drugs or are drunks, i don't mind drinking but other than moderate use is too much to have around when guns are involved. yes i was shot at one time by someone who had to many so i am leary. duck hunting is a blast, i have a few spots but nothing like they have on the hunting shows. i have a small boat so that helps for deer but its not a river boat so that limits the hunting for me.i would love to have a new hunting partner, prospecting partner, and fishing partner. i just joined "take a soldier fishing" forum to show my appreciation of there service and to hopefully meet a better class of people, and find a new friend and hunting partner. if your looking to go duck hunting drop me a line, want to go fishing do the same. just want to be friends awesome .my name is jeff payne and glad to meet anyone, and always looking for hunting friends and partners. jeff

Try finding someone to go on a 10 day backpack sheep hunt to act as a packer! Suffice it to say my most recent hunting purchase was a solo tent. I pick up my Kevlar Barneys bag next month and I am gonna do it by myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast