Thread: Anyone calling around fairbanks?

Default Anyone calling around fairbanks?

Anyone out calling around fairbanks? Any Luck? I ve got one fox so far in 15 set ups. So odds are low but fun.

Carl

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i usually wait till about -20. then they are hungry for sure
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default 2 yotes down so far.

I shot a yote on thursday with my bow just outside of Eielson. Kinda cool first yote i've ever taken with a bow. Saturday afternoon I let the good ole 22-250 sing on another yote just north of delta. There was way to much moon out this weekend to really have much luck calling. I would imagine in a week or two once the temps drop a bit and the moon goes away it should be pretty good. Good luck to all you callers out there.
    Maybe if there's enough interest we can get a weekend long calling compitition going. If you have any questions on how the games played or are interested shoot me a PM.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

What do you think the moon has to do with predator activity? I am new at this and called two in when it was cloudy and now that it has been clear with the moon out I havent called a thing. I was wondering what you think is behind it?

Carl

Default Moon

If it's a bright night there gona be up all night hunting and will be bed down for most the day. Every now and then you can get one in but that's most likely because you set up close to were it is and he just can't resist.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

You're right about the mmon and day calling. I like a good full moon, calling at night is awesome. I've had ten times the luck calling at night vs the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt View Post
    You're right about the mmon and day calling. I like a good full moon, calling at night is awesome. I've had ten times the luck calling at night vs the day.
    I like calling at night too, but it's a little too early out here right now. Some of the bears haven't denned up yet and calling in the dark right now is like calling in an airstrike on your own position.
    Now what ?

Default Success!!....Kind of

After reading a couple of the posts on here tonight it got me excited about calling again. Its been two years now calling and never brought anything in. Decided to go to this spot just outside Fairbanks I always thought would be good. It was about 10 pm when I sat down and got set up. All it took was about two min. after i gave a little rabbit call before I had a fox coming in right at me like he hadn't eatin in a month. Long story short, I missed. But man was it cool to actually call something in. Are years when rabbits are on a decline better for calling?

Yeah bear wouldn't be good. Maybe if I was carrying something a little more powerful than my .17!!!!!! jdl5ak I think I know you, sounds like a story that was told to me recently by a certain fire capt.

Whoa....Leave my stories out of this Hoyt! None of them are true....

Smile

sorry not possible!

Hey Carl,

I bought a Bravo with a sled and am itching to go get something. I'm pretty busy until December, but lets go do some calling. My old line is open again so I will probably run that some too. You can come along if you want. Shoot me a PM and I will give you my new phone if you want to go call.

John