Thread: South of Turnagain pass

Default South of Turnagain pass

after the rest stop but before you get to the Hope turn off I have seen a couple placesthat look like there might be some good small game hunting. Has anyone hunted in this area? Birds or bunnies? Has anyone been through the area lately, if so how's the snow level? Want to take friends teenage son for first small game trip. Friend doesn't want to travel too far and doesn't want too many people around to have to worry about. I was also thinking about near Sutton area, but not sure where to go there. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

there are some spruce grouse in there by turnagain pass, and i imagine some hares (but have never seen any). sutton area i hear has some hares. never been there for hunting though

good luck
    Last edited by hre814; 10-19-2008 at 12:15. Reason: wrong info

went shooting up about a mile past turnagain and chased a rabbit or 2 around by sixmile creek.Also as ur driving along down the road look for small roads to pull off onto then you might run inot some rabbits. Went up to turnagain pass last saturday after bears and the was no snow at road level, but it was really close.

Default was in the pass yesterday

and it was raining lightly. Snow is not that bad yet, around three to six inches maybe along the roads, but it looks like it could be deeper in a hurry if it cooled down any further with the rain coming in. Have seen a few grouse around that area as well as a couple hare tracks but no actual bunnies. Good luck to you and have a fun trip where ever you end up.

I've seen lots of bunny tracks in turny pass. From the bathrooms east.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.