Thread: tree stand destruction/Sutton

Angry tree stand destruction/Sutton

I am just wondering if any bow hunters in the Sutton area had any destruction problems during this years bow season (8-10/8-17)? I had someone tear most of my tree stand down and not satisfied they chain-sawed the tree down. Never found who it was and kinda glad I didn't.
    Good news is I did get my moose! M-Trailman

I dont know who did it but I know I have wanted to tear some down.

Permanent tree stands are ugly and illegal.

There is one up Hatchers pass that has a roof walls and sh8t strung over about 4 trees. How in the world does the park service allow this !!!!!!?????

Why did I even read this?
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

My tree stand was not one of those big tree house ones, just the standard small run of the mill type. By the way if you are one of those destructive types when it comes to other persons property you should probably stay out of the woods will be a safer place for all of us respectful outdoorsman (persons).

Permanent tree stand on private property or permanent tree stand on public property? Those are two entirely different subjects and I think RMiller made it pretty clear he was talking about public property.

The tree stands I am talking about are the destruction.

2x4's nailed to trees with plywood floors, walls and fiberglass roofs. All the scrap laying on the ground.

Yes on public property.

Do what you want on your own land but leaving any piece of man made material on public property unattended is littering.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Tree stands

I believe everyone is right here and I for one (owning portable and permanent tree stands can agree).....There is a fine difference between tree stands on public and private land
    -On private land it is your own business and you can make any type of structure and leave it for good.
    -On public you are not allowed to leave permanent fixtures (especially tree stands for bear baiting-even says in the regs) out year long.
    -I have two bait areas...one on private...and another on public/military land....for private I have a permanent structure
    -For my public/military land I use a portable stand and remove it and my barrel from the woods after the season....
    -Your tree stand could have even been a nice way of "THE TROOPERS" giving you a warning to remove it
    -So if you build a permanent tree stand on public land (not only is it against the law) but you now make "YOUR" stand a "PUBLIC" stand and someone can choose to use it, destroy it, or burn it (with a permit of course )...with you having no input about it...if you tried to stop the person physically or with a firearm...you would be commiting assault....and instead of spending your time building tree stands and hunting you would be spending time being BUBA's girlfriend
    -My personal view....I see lots of "illegal" permanent tree stands on public land....I have not gone to lengths to tear one down yet...but they piss me off because I take the time every year to remove all my stand etc from my site on public/military land....so why should you be any different??
    So when I see one I get the grid location...mark it and tell the troopers
    -Reality...if you don't have any of your personal information (ie name address etc) on your stand there is no way for anyone to know (even the troopers) who's stand it is....so if the troopers came by it and could not find who's it is they may just destroy it....just be lucky you didn't get a ticket