Thread: Deployed soldiers & drawing permits

Question Deployed soldiers & drawing permits

Some of the 172D Stryker Brigade guys who had their deployment extended drew tags for the drawing hunts. I have heard that a formal extension was going to be granted to all deployed members to use their permits next year by Fish and Game. Does anyone know where I can officially find this info? If this info does not exist, this may be a item to bring up. Drawing permits are hard to come by, and I hate to have these guys not be bale to use them. All comments are welcome.

Where'd you hear that info? I know some informal requests have been made, but I haven't heard anything definitive. I'm not sure ADFG themselves has the authority to re-issue the permits. The governor's office declined to get involved and said it was a matter for the Board of Game and ADFG to work out.

PM me if you don't want to discuss this here, or send me an email via the board. Thanks,
    Mark

Default Rumor control

Everything I posted in the first message was what I had heard here in Iraq from soldiers. I knew that making a posting here would confirm or deny the rumor. If anyone knows of a fish and game person that would be a good person to contact, throw it in here. I will see what I can do to help these guys out. I know drawing permits are a touchy subject. I feel the soldiers should be able to use them next year myself. It was no fault of theirs they did not get to use the permits. This whole extension in Iraq took everyone by suprise.
    I did not draw any tags myself. Friends drew the tags that are stuck over here with me. My wife drew two tags, luckily she is an amazing woman and took care of her cow moose tag 3 hours into season. She did find out that quartering a moose was a lot more work than what she expected. I had better be home by the time her spring musk ox hunt comes!

AFHunter,

Write me privately on this; I may have some info for you and don't want to discuss it here. I think most of us here would like to see the guys get their permits/tags re-issued.
    Mark

Default Board of Game proposal

Proposal #46 essentially outlines transferring drawing permits to the following year for military personnel serving in combat zones. You can go to http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...v-06-FINAL.pdf to see the proposal.

This proposal was acutally sumbitted by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game and the Alaska Board of Game.

I would venture to guess that it has a good chance of passing, but that will not occur until November during the Board of Game meeting in Wrangell.

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    AFHunter,

I think most of us here would like to see the guys get their permits/tags re-issued.
    Mark
    Absolutely. 100% in agreement with Mark.

Default They've earned it!

Quote Originally Posted by DPhillips View Post
    Absolutely. 100% in agreement with Mark.
    2nd that Mark!

Default Thanks Burton

Burton, thanks for the link. It's on page 40 of the pdf file Burton linked to.

Thanks from me too, Burton. I'm hoping to bring this up at the AC meeting for this area. Hopefully have our AC support the proposal.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!