Thread: Ruger Update

Default Ruger Update

I called Ruger in Connecticut yesterday and asked a bunch of question of their sales staff.

Are you making the No. 1 rifle chambered in the 450/400?
    "We cannot release any information on that now because there has been no press release on it."

What?
    "We are a publicly traded company and cannot release information on any pending new products until it has been confirmed and a public press release has been made"

Ok. Well, if you do make them, what would I have to do to get one?
    "If you'll leave your name and address I can send you some information on that...when a press release is made."

I see. Have you, or will you, chamber the No. 1 in 9.3 x74R caliber? You do have that caliber in your new catalogue, don't you?

"Oh yes it's in the catalogue for this year and we were going to make a run......well there were changes made and that pushed back production on that model, and....well it was changed from the H model to the S, so that slowed it down and it is slated for production in September so they are coming out."

Will this be a normal production run or just a few for all the exectives and gun writers?

"No...ah...it will be ...ah I'm not sure about the numbers but there will be quantity of them."

So the 9.3 will be in the 1-S model?
    "Yes, the light barrel model and not the heavy barrel H model."

What would I have to do to get one?
    "They will be available through our distributers....all our guns are available through our distributers."

Could you send me information on that also...when they become available?
    "Yes, I can do that." Anything else?

Well, yes, will you be introducing a new cartridge in the M-77 rifle soon?
    "Ruger is constantly working to improve our products....we do have some new calibers...but..."
    Specifically the 375 Ruger cartridge, will that be coming out soon?
    "Ah...I can send you some information on that, too."

Also, some time back there was some e-mail correspondence with you folks about chambering the M-77 rifle in the 450 Marlin caliber, has anything become of that?
    "Yes, like I said..we do have some new calibers coming out but until a press release is made I can't discuss that with you."

Sure, I understand.
    "Thank you."

Great. Thanks very much. One other question about the number one rifle.
    How could I get one of the 404 Jefferys?
    "Oh...I don't even know where to send you for a line on one of those, they went pretty fast."

Yeah, my head's still spinnin'. Higher production numbers in these very desirable calibers will help, don't you think?
    "Well we give our estimates for sales to production and we get what they send us."

Yeah, I guess so. Thanks and I'll look forward to that info.

"Yes, I'll get that to you when it becomes available."

Any idea when that might be?
    "In six-eight weeks we should see something on it."

Thank you, have a good day.

She was a charming lady but stuck to her guns and was tight lipped on the new stuff.

So..I don't know much except the 9.3 will be the 1-S, which is much better, the H model is too heavy. The rumors have some hint of confirmation, but thats all.

Good shootin'.

Murphy
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default ruger

I had also called Ruger as I heard they were going to be chambering the 338 winmag in their lefty M77 but she was also tight -lipped with me as well, they trained her well. I've also heard that the M77 may be chambered in 358 win. too..........2007 may be an interesting year

Default 2007 may be interesting

I have heard Ruger has stopped making the WSM and SAUM's for '07.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Quote Originally Posted by thunder chicken1 View Post
    I had also called Ruger as I heard they were going to be chambering the 338 winmag in their lefty M77

The LH Model 77 MkII is already chambered in 338. Just checked one of my distributor web sites to verify that.

If they make a 77 in .358, I may have to try and get one.

That's how it goes with public companies- all new product launches, etc have to be made public typically via newswire/announcement for all to see.

I frankly can't see where a limited production number run on a few not so popular calibers is going to sway the stock or corporate financials whatsoever. It's not like they just landed a deal to supply somebody's military with x thousands of pistols.

Default Ruger and the exotics

I do appreciate Ruger putting out the No.1 in 9.3.... and supposedly 450/400. As I remember they had to recall the 404's because of chamber problems.. Having a new run on both Jeffreys would be great. That would be the best "low recoil" big bore pair for me... good frontal are, decent recoil and killer (literally) reputation.

Default 20 double

Was wondering if anyone has heard if ruger is going to offer their side by side double in 20 guage for 2007? Allen, do you know when those lefthanded 338 m77's will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by thunder chicken1 View Post
    Allen, do you know when those lefthanded 338 m77's will be available?

They are available now. Just a matter of how many are being produced on a weekly basis and how fast they disappear from Distributor shelves.

Question Please verify?

Quote Originally Posted by AlleninAlaska View Post
    The LH Model 77 MkII is already chambered in 338. Just checked one of my distributor web sites to verify that.
    I checked their (Ruger) website but I couldn't find anything there. My gunshop checked online with a few of his distributors but nothing was listed. Is there a 4-digit model number? Or could you let me know which distributor you use?

I pretty much had my mind made up on a rifle but I want to check this out first!!!

Thanks!!!!

reuben.......

77LR-338

M77LR Left Handed Standard Rifle

American Walnut

Davidson's had them on sale until 11/30/06. They no longer have any in stock. These things will not last long on distributor shelves because of the scarcity of LH 338's. It's a matter of waiting for the next run of them now.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/

Talking Thanks!!!

Found it!!!

I'll forward the info to my shop!!!