Thread: 09 Tundra LT 550 vs Bear Cat 570 whatcha think

Default 09 Tundra LT 550 vs Bear Cat 570 whatcha think

I am seriously looking at buying one of these new Skandic LT Tundra's with the 550 fan and am curious how many of you are running em and how you lke em. I have been bouncing back and forth between the Bear Cat and the Tundra LT and I am really leaning on the LT. The 154" x 16" x 1.5" track on a lighter machine really entices me over the 156" x20" x 1 " track on the heavier Bear cat. They are both fan cooled, the BearCat has a bigger gas tank but not really thinking about that. I am thinking that the big foot print combined with the deeper lugs on the LT 550 oughta make it a really versatile and fun machine to play,hunt and trap on. What do you guys think, which way would you go?

Default thats easy

get the ski-doo you answered all you own questions. bigger foot print, lighter, better seating position on the lt. you'll never look back!

Man I fgured on a lot more feedback on these two sleds form Alaskans. Wheres all the trappers at?

My dad runs a Tundra LT and my hunting partner uses a Bearcat. No contest. Buy the Tundra. Better ride, better gearing, lighter weight, power to spare. The LT is no lightweight, but comparing the two, the Bearcat is a heavy dog in the trees and powder.

Personally, I like the regular tundras. Much easier to throw around, manuver down trapping trails etc. But that's just me and I have no need to go fast.

Yk

Thanks Yellowknife, your testimony is exactly what I ascertained looking at both sleds side by side, I got the LT instead of the Bearcat, pick it up Friday!

How much did it set you back?

Default Old Tundra

I agree with Yellowknife. There is a reason the old Tundra are still worth their weight in gold in AK, they are simple, light, relatively gas friendly, carry a lot of crap, come geared correctly from the factory, kill your back and get you where you want to go, and hardly ever let you down. But the ride of the new LT sure makes me drool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    How much did it set you back?
    Call the Ski-Doo dealers on that one, price was identical from Delta to Fairbanks.

Cub, let me know what you think of that sled. I just picked up a 660 turbo bearcat widetrack for myself because it was a screaming deal but I really like the sounds of the tundra longtrack for my wife and for me to use at times when the bearcat will be too heavy.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page