Thread: Imr 4007ssc

Default Imr 4007ssc

Has anyone tried this new powder? It seems like another one of those powders that *might* be great in a variety of rifles. One thing that i like is that it's pretty close in burn rate to H4350. H4350 has been THE powder for accuracy in my 7-08 and 375H&H, but I'm having trouble fitting enough of it into these cases in to reach more than middlin' velocities. From the comparisons I have found (in the annual Hodgdon reloading magazine) the 4007SSC seems to take a bit less powder to get the same speeds, so I thought it might be worth a try. Anyone have any experience with it yet?

I have a little experience with it with my 325wsm. I posted this last summer:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=32643

Default nice

Thanks Snyd,

That's very encouraging. I still don't think I've found the "perfect" powder to put behind 140 grain bullets in my 7-08. W760 has provided the best speed to date, H4350 the best groups. (W760 2950fps, 1.5" groups) (H4350 2770fps, .5" groups) Neither load shows any pressure signs, but I can't get any more of the H4350 into the case.

I haven't gotten around to more than a few loads with IMR4895, no spectacular results so far but I need to try a few more combinations before I rule it out.

RL-19 was, for some reason, entirely unspectacular in both regards in my Kimber.

I haven't gotten around to more than a few loads with IMR4895, no spectacular results so far but I need to try a few more combinations before I rule it out.

I was hoping to find a powder that I could get speeds near 2900 and sub MOA groups out of. 4007SSC seemed like it might do the trick, but it's pretty new so it seems few people have tried it, much less in a 7-08 with a 22" barrel. I'll keep looking! Any information and feedback is better than none!