Thread: Russian River Campround still open?

Default Russian River Campround still open?

Anyone know if the Russian River Campground is still open at least for drive-in access to the Grayling Parking area?

I'd like to go down this weekend and fish but hate the long walk if the gate is closed way back at the check-in area. I called the Forest service but they didn't indicate that they knw what was going on down there.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I drove by there a few hours ago and the main gate was open

Default russian river

I am pretty sure that the gate is open year round, but there is no one working the little booth at the entrance, and the bathrooms are all locked up.

Jake

Default Locked up last couple of years

Thanks for looking.

The last several years they have left the main gates open but locked the gate up just past the check in shack so you couldn't drive back into the campground. It is a pretty good walk down to the grayling parking lot from the guard shack as you may recall.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post
    I am pretty sure that the gate is open year round, but there is no one working the little booth at the entrance, and the bathrooms are all locked up.

Jake
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Gate open

You will find the camp closed, yet the bathroom by the boat launch is open. You may be able to sleep in your car close by. A rough night sleep is worth the rewards. The fishing is still good with silvers putting eggs out to the rainbow and dolly customers. Remember to read the regs before you fish. There have been some big bears around the ferry so be alert but do not let it stop you from exploring.
    Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!