Thread: Guys with Rhinos and windshield/roofs...

Default Guys with Rhinos and windshield/roofs...

Question for you- Anyone else have a real problem with engine steam filling the cab when hitting a puddle? Is there a solution or mod I can do? I'm almost regretting putting the windshield and roof on it, since it's impossible to see for several seconds after fording water.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akheloce View Post
    Question for you- Anyone else have a real problem with engine steam filling the cab when hitting a puddle? Is there a solution or mod I can do? I'm almost regretting putting the windshield and roof on it, since it's impossible to see for several seconds after fording water.

Thanks
    Wipe the inside of the windshield with rain-X anti-fog. That should help.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    Wipe the inside of the windshield with rain-X anti-fog. That should help.
    Thanks, I'll try that... I think the real problem is however that the entire cab area turns into a steam bath, not just on the windshield. Without the windshield I never noticed it because the wind dissipated it pretty quick, but now, it lingers for a lot longer. I wonder if a fan would work. Of course that would kind of negate the purpose of the windshield

keep a small squeegee handy to wipe the inside...a 12 volt fan also helps...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I wouldn't use the squeegee method!! You may have purchased a "scratch resistant" windshield but it is only scratch resistant on the outside! Mine is scratched up pretty bad on the inside from getting rid of the fog with a squeegee. There are "dust reducer" kits on the market that seal the area between the motor and cab also under the seats. I am going to give that a try and see if it cuts down on the steam too. I'll let you know how it works!

I have thousands of swipes with my squeegee on both glass and plexi windshields without issue...there simply isn't anything that works faster to clear your vision and that is what Akheloce is after...I use the $10 ones for drying off your car after a wash, the rubber is colorless...if that helps...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

they make a windsheild with about an inch off the bottom this retain a good "cabin pressure" and dissipates the smoke and fog ect (and exhaust fumes)

I run with half windsheild on my rzr and half nothing but great times... the water will generally go up and over us if high speeds and smoke from exhaust has never been a problem ..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    they make a windsheild with about an inch off the bottom this retain a good "cabin pressure" and dissipates the smoke and fog ect (and exhaust fumes)

I run with half windsheild on my rzr and half nothing but great times... the water will generally go up and over us if high speeds and smoke from exhaust has never been a problem ..
    you may be able to adjust this one up a little or down which ever you prefer...
    http://www.atvpartsdepot.com/r104.html

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.