Thread: Great place to buy flies...

Thumbs up Great place to buy flies...

I got some flies from www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com for a recent float trip. They are the best I have gotten to date. Prettiest egg sucking leeches I have ever seen. And durable too. Fed them to some trophy dollies in NW Alaska in Sept. They held up incredibly well. Just thought I would put their name out in case anyone is in need of quality flies. This is a fly shop in Juneau and the selection and quality of their flies is tops.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Alaska Fly Fishing Goods

I just had my first dealing with this shop, and they are top notch. They have a great clearance section on their site, I picked up a Sage FLI 691-4 for 189 dollars. It was about 30 bucks cheaper than I found anywhere else, and I got it in the mail three days later, with a note saying thanks for the business, enjoy the rod. I have never had that type of service from any other online shop. Great people to deal with.

Jake

Default Another nod to AFFG

I too found them this summer and really enjoyed their prompt and personal service. After ordering close to 100 Dolly Llamas from them they sent me a couple free ones in their new colors with a hand-written note which I thought was cool. Their flies also held up much better than the same flies bought from other places.

I had them send me some free Dolly Lamas as well. I ordered about 60 esl for a float trip last month. I was so impressed with the quality of the flies, I ordered another 60 and got them about 3 days later. From Juneau to the east coast in 3 days! Impressive. The guy even remembered me and commented on my recent float trip. I had sent them a picture of the 14 lb dolly I caught with their fly. But I was still impressed that the guy remembered me.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Brad and the folks there are top notch folks, can't recomend them enough... Stop in the shop in Juneau and say hi if you are there...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.