Thread: Would anyone want to look at a machine w/me?

Question Would anyone want to look at a machine w/me?

Ok, here's the deal. I am pretty serious about looking for a good used machine. My only problem is I have no idea what to look/check for( besides, ohhh, what a pretty color). I have been looking in Wasilla/Palmer/Anchorage. Question, would someone be willing to go with me to inspect it and make sure I am not getting a raw deal.

Thanks
    Jeanette

Default PM sent

Check your PM.

What are you looking for? Mountain sled, Trail Sled or Fast Short Track? People on the forum might have just what your looking for and they wouldn't dare give you a bad deal. There are a lot of nice sleds on Craigslist.
    Suggestions:
    If your buying it from a young person, ask how it does off of jumps. If they say GOOD, "Walk Away"

Default did you find a machine yet?

if you found a sled then disregard. otherwise pm me. oh and post what you think you are looking for, other will chime in and help

Default Oh.....

I am not looking to race or anything. Mainly want something to ride around by property and look for birds/rabbits. I am 5'4 and weigh 120. So I am not looking for anything really heavy. Would like to be able to pick up backend and move over if I get stuck. Something that maybe I can teach my son to ride as well or ride with me. Just looking to rides trails around Willow, Peterville, etc. So, I have no idea about size. Thing maybe a 440? Also, find on on Craigslist but they said it had a crack in hood. Figured that probably wasn't a good thing? Not looking to spend to much money( less than 1800) if possible and don't care how old it is as long as it isn't a total POS. So, if anyone has any suggestions or maybe even a older, littleir machine, they no longer need,let me know. Open to any and all suggestions/help.

Thanks
    Jeanette

Default 440 or 500 will work for what your going to do

keep an eye out for for these size sleds. I would think a 121-136 size track would work out excellent. A buddy of mine has an artic cat F5 for sale, I'm not sure on the price. His daughter rode it for 2 years, and now shes upgraded to an F6. This sled has been babied, and he checked and double checked everything before they went riding, probably one of the nicest F5 I have seen. He will not steer you wrong on this sled, if something goes wrong with it after the sale, he will help you for sure. he has done this with every sled he has sold used, none of them came back, but one of the people wanted a different track, he just happened to have one and put it on for free. If you want more information on this sled. Pm Dupont spinner, he is the guy with it for sale. he also has an F7 for sale, but that might be a little much for what you want, and I know he wants more than 1800 for that sled.

Default Did you ever find a sled?

To the gal who was looking for a smaller sled to hunt birds, and get it unstuck by yourself...Did you ever find one?

I have a friend with an Indy Lite 340 CC that is in good shape and he wants to upgrade. The sled is a cute red color with a 2 up seat, 340 cc twin, 133 track. These sleds get good fuel economy. are dependable, and someone small can get them out if stuck.

Send me a message aksnowmo@hotmail.com if still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    Ok, here's the deal. I am pretty serious about looking for a good used machine. My only problem is I have no idea what to look/check for( besides, ohhh, what a pretty color). I have been looking in Wasilla/Palmer/Anchorage. Question, would someone be willing to go with me to inspect it and make sure I am not getting a raw deal.

Thanks
    Jeanette
    Would be glad to help you out, just seen this thread. Chat with ya this weekend at the beer/chatfest saturday.

Curt