Thread: Best online catalog?

Default Best online catalog?

Looking for a great competitive pricing and quality accessories for my Nikon. Any one have some suggestions, or local stores as well.

Thanks a ton, you guys are great with advise here.

George

The usual recommendations are B&H Photo (largest photo dealer in the world), Adorama (probably the second largest), Amazon (They sell more than books). All of these have very competitive prices and offer excellent service with a great return policy if you need it. Some people put 17th Street Photo in the same group, and other people don't like Adorama. Camera Land, who is a sponsor on this forum is another store with great service and is recommended.

Another piece of common advice is that if you ever find a price significantly lower than B&H Photo, you should consider that your first warning about that store. A little shopping around can get you a little better legitimate price, but it will rarely be much after considering the shipping and other factors.

Another piece of shopping advice is to check out any unknown stores at http://www.resellerratings.com

Thanks Jim.

I spend all my money at B&H. They are tops in my book. Great customer service in a world that greatly lacks it.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Greg - Check out Camera Land at the link at the top of this page. They're generous enough to sponsor this forum which helps keep this free resource running, so you might at least want to check out their offers.

For an online catalog, you can't beat B&H, they have everything.

And I've purchased several items from Cameraland and they've been great to deal with. Doug has been up here several times fishing out of Kodiak and has good input on various products. Their prices are very competitive.

Usually B&H altough lately Amazon is sometimes cheaper including the shipping.