Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: "Bino Pouch"

  1. #1
    Member broncoformudv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    4,670

    Default "Bino Pouch"

    I ran across this item a month ago and ended up ordering one. So far I am impressed with the quality and functionality of it. Previously I had a bino harness from Crooked Horn Outfitters and liked the way it held my binos but got tired of the lenses getting dirt, brush, and water on them throughout the day. This new system holds the binos against your chest just as well and covers the lenses plus it has a few small pockets that are handy.

    http://www.gunsmagazine.com/DQTR1108.html

    http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/

    http://binopouch.com/About_Us.html

    Seems like he is just getting started so there is not much on the website.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Moderator kingfisherktn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    4,076

    Default

    Looks like a nice deal, Rob. Please give us some feedback once you try it out.

    kingfisherktn

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Rob, from what you see do you think there would be interference with a bow string? Is there room for a small rangefinder in one of the pockets?
    Vance in AK.

    Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

  4. #4
    Member broncoformudv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    I did use it this past weekend and really liked it. As far as using it while bow hunting I do not see how it could get in your way anymore than the standard bino harnesses do. The pockets are somewhat flat so bulky items like rangefinders will not fit. But they are great for hunting licenses, tags, fire starting items, lens cleaning stuff, snacks, etc.

  5. #5

    Default Badlands has something similar

    They came out with a binoc case just this year and those who have it and are on the the Sage Creek forums are praising it as well. It seems that these cases are something that is pretty logical and has been needed for a while. I haven't tried any yet but I am curious enough about them that I foresee one in my future if for no other reason than to just satisfy my insatiable curiosity.

    http://www.badlandspacks.com/bino.php
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three

  6. #6
    Member broncoformudv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Backcuntry I just saw the Badlands bino pouch last week online and thought it looked very similar, I also saw another pouch while at Sportsmans that was close and forget who makes that one. Seems like there are several options out there for all of us to try out, just not sure why I never noticed them before now! If I had that is what I would have bought in the first place instead of the bino harness from Crooked Horn.

  7. #7

    Default

    Anybody use this system with a pack?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Best_Shot View Post
    Anybody use this system with a pack?
    I've been using the bino pouch for about 3 months now. Really impressed with it. I like it way better than the crooked horn setup as I was always fighting the elastic when bringing the binos to my face and if I wasn't doing that then the straps were so loose the binos would bounce against me when hiking for riding a wheeler.

    I've used teh bino pouch with a pack and it works great. Able to stash my digital camera in the front pouch and my Swaro 10X42 SLCs in the bino pouch. I bought the medium version for my wife and myself. Anyone want to purchase some crooked horn bino systems on the cheap

  9. #9

    Default

    What about the badlands bino pouch?

  10. #10
    Member broncoformudv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I've been using the bino pouch for about 3 months now. Really impressed with it. I like it way better than the crooked horn setup as I was always fighting the elastic when bringing the binos to my face and if I wasn't doing that then the straps were so loose the binos would bounce against me when hiking for riding a wheeler.

    I've used teh bino pouch with a pack and it works great. Able to stash my digital camera in the front pouch and my Swaro 10X42 SLCs in the bino pouch. I bought the medium version for my wife and myself. Anyone want to purchase some crooked horn bino systems on the cheap
    I was having the same issues with the Crooked Horn setup and did not like the fact my lenses kept getting rain drops and leaves etc on them while hunting.

  11. #11
    Member CGSwimmer25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I just got the Badlands bino pouch in the mail today. This thing is awesome!! I am very impressed with all the detail they put into it. It opens and closes with a magnet that seals just as tight as a zipper would without the noise. It has a lens cloth attached inside in a side pocket and a system of pouches for misc. gear. It also has a small plastic hook coming off the bottom to hold your bow while your glassing. Overall this thing seems quality. I have an expensive pair of leupold rangefinding binoculars I was worried about scratching while climbing through the bush but I think this pouch will do the trick. I'm going on a Caribou hunt in a few weeks so it will get a good field trial. I'll post again on it when I get back.

  12. #12
    Member B-radford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    653

    Default

    I use the crooked horn set up, instead of cliping my binos to the straps, i cliped my bino case to it and i just pull them out when i need them. No fighting the straps.

  13. #13
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    I sent the guy an email, but can these be had locally?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  14. #14
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    I guess Jarod Owens called me at work last night and someone else took the message, he mentioned that his Bino Pouch is sold locally, but the guy couldn't remember the name correctly..."Ak Hunting something" is what I got, lol

    Anywho, in regards to both the Bino Pouch and the pouch from Badlands..have either of you worn them with a large pack on yer back?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    I guess Jarod Owens calle dme at work lastnight and someone else took the message, he mentioned that his Bino Pouch is sold locally, but the guy couldnt remember the name correctly..."Ak Hunting something" is what I got, lol

    Anywho in regards to both the Bino Pouch and the pouch from Badlands..have either of you worm them with a large pack on yer back?
    Yeah I have the Bino pouch. Was almost going to go with the badlands version, until I saw an Alaskan guide came up with a similar concept and figured I'd support the small guy (even if he is an Alaskan guide that lives in California ). No complaints here. I have worn mine with both a 3,500 cu in pack and a 6,500 cu in pack and had no issues either time taking out the binos or the digital camera that is always in the front pocket of the bino pouch, whenever I needed to while hiking. Its nice cause I don't have to undo the sternum strap on my pack to look thru my binos as I would sometimes if I forgot to clip the sternum strap just right with my crooked horn bino system setup.

    Hope that helps.

  16. #16
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Yeah I have the Bino pouch. Was almost going to go with the badlands version, until I saw an Alaskan guide came up with a similar concept and figured I'd support the small guy.
    That does help, thanks. How are the straps working out? they get tangled with the shoulders on the pack? Bino pouch harness get pinched under the weight of the pack? Comfort? I'm about to buy a pouch of some sorts, seems the badlands is very nice, but I think their harness would get pushed against th eback of the neck with a pack on.

    Isn't he an out-of state guide LOL
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    That does help, thanks. How are the straps working out? they get tangled with the shoulders on the pack? Bino pouch harness get pinched under the weight of the pack? Comfort? I'm about to buy a pouch of some sorts, seems the badlands is very nice, but I think their harness would get pushed against th eback of the neck with a pack on.

    Isn't he an out-of state guide LOL
    HAHA..yeah if forgot to add that to my post until after later. I don't notice the bino pouch straps at all with a pack on. If you've ever worn the crooked horn bino system I would say its about the same as that while hiking in that you don't feel anything. Granted I've only worn it with roughly 65# on my pack. Maybe it'll pinch with 100+ I'm not sure, but if thats the case I'll be done hunting anyways as I'd already have my animal on my back and the binos can be packed away in my backpack.

  18. #18
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    HAHA..yeah if forgot to add that to my post until after later. I don't notice the bino pouch straps at all with a pack on. If you've ever worn the crooked horn bino system I would say its about the same as that while hiking in that you don't feel anything. Granted I've only worn it with roughly 65# on my pack. Maybe it'll pinch with 100+ I'm not sure, but if thats the case I'll be done hunting anyways as I'd already have my animal on my back and the binos can be packed away in my backpack.
    Hey did you pick up your chest pack locally or order it direct? I just shot Jerrod an email to see where it is available. I am in a flurry of buying gear to get ready for KODIAK.............................again

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Hey did you pick up your chest pack locally or order it direct? I just shot Jerrod an email to see where it is available. I am in a flurry of buying gear to get ready for KODIAK.............................again
    I bought it from here. I realize it was a little more expensive than what is listed on Jarrets site, but I couldn't get a quick response back and wanted to try this thing out during the summer prior to hunting season to see if it really works that well.

  20. #20
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I bought it from here. I realize it was a little more expensive than what is listed on Jarrets site, but I couldn't get a quick response back and wanted to try this thing out during the summer prior to hunting season to see if it really works that well.
    Thanks! So what do you think Large or small for my Minox HG's (10x42). It would be nice if it could fit my Garmin 60CSX too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •