Thread: Any recent pws deer reports?

Charterboat Operator

Default Any recent pws deer reports?

looking for any recent outing reports of deer in PWS, did any survive the
    awsome snows of winter?

Default Not looking good...

I would be surprised if you heard much from folks on the forum, much of it has been covered already. Weather has been downright nasty for the last month out in PWS, so probably wont hear much from any boaters going out. Last time I was out, I battle 6-8 ft seas seas all the way home from Montague.

Maybe someone will chime in....Planning on heading out if the weather ever cooperates this winter. Andy
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

Default Was out on the first weekend

of Oct. No boats coming in with any deer. We were out two days. Mainly for bear, nothing. Was planning to hunt deer on Sunday but was supposed to nice, but can blow up any time and she was starting to blow and rough enough to call it quits and hit a decent tunnel. Talked to one group of hunters who was out for multiple days around Naked mostly. They reported tons of boat and people, yet only heard one gun shot. The personally seen deer, yep but only one and tail end of it high tailing out of there. Not worth the effort and risk of bad weather. I am even gonna put my boat away early-this weekend maybe. If not still won't be going out hunting any more unless perfect conditions and the deer show up.

Default Same on Green per huntin buddy...

One of my buddies went to Green Island two weeks ago and assaulted the place with three guys over two days. They only saw one deer at long range and were not able to connect.

Don't forget that the 2007-2008 winter and summer have been crummy... Crummy enough to start putting snow and ice back on some of the glaciers for the first time in 200yrs!!!:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2105814/posts

Where the 'ell is Algore and his global warming? I'm pissed......and the only waves I'm looking for are the heatwaves!!!

Cheers,

IceKing02

planning on going out on sunday for the day if weather stays where it's at but a lot can happen between today and sunday

Charterboat Operator

THANKS for the updates, am gonna keep the boat rady to go out at least for one more trip. who knows, maybe we can get in a good weekend of shrimping? heard theres not alot of pressure this time of year (GRIN)

I believe the shrimp season is over.

I've pickled my boat for the season, last trip out in September was rough coming back, and that was the calm between the storms. It's just too far to run with a small boat.

I'm thinking about just flying over to Kodiak to hunt with a buddy, though he said the deer have been hammered over there with a couple of tuff winters.

Charterboat Operator

Default joking

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    I believe the shrimp season is over.

I've pickled my boat for the season, last trip out in September was rough coming back, and that was the calm between the storms. It's just too far to run with a small boat.

I'm thinking about just flying over to Kodiak to hunt with a buddy, though he said the deer have been hammered over there with a couple of tuff winters.
    was only kidding Paul, (shrimp)
    was in Ugak Bay last Nov, pretty heavy on the winter kill there also, did hear some good reports from the southern end of the island from this year already. Good luck if you get to go.

Not much sign, but I got one first weekend of October on Perry while waiting for the crab pots to fill .

Default crab

Kcedar,
    How'd you do on the crab? We're heading down the 25th to hunt and hopefully crab.
    Cody