Thread: son's first moose

Default son's first moose

The boy and i had a short hunting trip due to his dropping a fork on both sides moose on opening day. story on link provided. Also you have to get the T.A.G. game bags they rock. they hold no moisture like the cloth bags. no damage to any meat but you could tell T.A.G. bags keeps bugs off better and they are strong. One of the best things I like about them are put them in the sink rinse and no blood in wifes washer.

Check out 12 year old mitch's moose.

http://www.pristineventures.com/cgi/...c,m=1157219813

Terry

Congrats.. On your sons 1st moose, on opening day even. I too had the good fortune on opening day with a double fork. Not my 1st but a 1st in a long time. It was a classic 300 yards out in 16 inches of water when it went down. But it wasen't all that bad. Some guy with a cow tag shot
    his just before I shot mine. We were out and unloaded before him.
    And then came the waterfowl opener. With 1st bird of the year for me was a sandy. What a great season this is.

Congrats!!! Thats great. I am excited to see a youngster get a moose AND to see parents taking their kids out hunting.

Best of the Outdoors!!!
    AK4life
    Last edited by AK4Life; 09-07-2006 at 22:42. Reason: typo

Default Great hunt

It was a great hunt, just wish it would of lasted longer. Saw the 2 bulls in 3.5 hours. Only one night of camping witch we did not get into place until almost dark and was gone my 6 P.M. the next day. Headed out on my 336 permit hunt for a goat this weekend, if we can close in on a goat with-in 150 yards the boy can shot my goat. I was actually getting burnt out of hunting but since, have found it so much more rewarding. Headed up skookum glacier to find some goats, hopefully we can connect.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The boy and i had a short hunting trip due to his dropping a fork on both sides moose on opening day. story on link provided. Also you have to get the T.A.G. game bags they rock. they hold no moisture like the cloth bags. no damage to any meat but you could tell T.A.G. bags keeps bugs off better and they are strong. One of the best things I like about them are put them in the sink rinse and no blood in wifes washer.

Check out 12 year old mitch's moose.

http://www.pristineventures.com/cgi/...c,m=1157219813

Terry
    Congrats, love to see kids successful.

Ditto on the TAG Bags. I have been using them the past couple of years.