Thread: Should I upgrade shocks on RMK?

Default Should I upgrade shocks on RMK?

Hey all, I have an 02 700 RMK. Is it worth upgrading the stock shocks? I mainly use it to run deep powder. If it is worth it should I start with the front or the rear? Thanks for any info

I ride a 03 RMK and on the bumpy trails to get to the good riding I would say its worth it. Im still running with the junk on my sled but thats just me being cheep. I would do the rears first since they are always bottoming out on my when on the bumpy trails. The fronts for me riding dont seem to do much for me other than on jumps hard snow. The rear takes the grunt of the bumps in my expirience.

Yes.
    I put RydeFX shocks on my 03 700 (151). My stock shocks weren't worn out but the upgrade made a world of difference. Well worth the $400 ($250 for front set $150 for rear(Ebay))

I am not a person who likes to up grade something just for the fun of it. That being said Polaris has a reputation for using very poor quality shocks. I would be surprised if they are any good. If you decide to replace them do not use Polaris shocks.

Thumbs up

I've got Fox Shox all around on my 700. It rides really well on the bumps, but I don't think they do anything for powder riding. The nice thing is they are rebuildable so when they need recharged, by bro-in-law has the tools to do the rebuild for about $15-20 each.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

If you're a serious rider that spends more time in the snow than in the bumps? Your money will be much better spent on your clutches. And add a Temp-a-Flow. That's a great mod on Edge era Polaris machines.