Thread: Duracoat products

Default Duracoat products

Would like to hear if anyone has used their firearms finishes and if they were satisfied with the results. And also if you have figured out a way to have it shipped to Alaska without "paying an arm and a leg".

Rich

Default Not Sure

There is a thread about DURACOAT on page 3 of this shooting forum. As foe shipping don't know about that.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

There is a wealth of information on www.ar15.com about Duracoat, durabake, norrells moly resin, KG Gunkote, Cerakote, etc.

In the Armory forum, under refinishing you can find a ton of stuff. I am getting ready to do a few guns for the first time and have been studying it for a while now. Go to http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=19

I can probably answer questions for you but it would only be based on what I've read.

I think midway usa is able to ship duracoat and durabake up here, at least they told me they could. I was planning on getting Cerakote (my research has indicated to me it is the most durable) but I can't find anyone who will ship it up here.

Everything I've read says the prep work is the most important part. Blast, degrease, degrease, degrease, spray, bake.

The shipping is at least $50 for Duracote, regardless of how small a bottle you get.

I placed an order a few months ago ( a large one) and shippping cost $60 and came by UPS. Its worth it if you are going to get a large order or have a few people that want to order some too.

It is trickey stuff, its a 2 part paint and requires some painting skill to apply right and requires a good airbrush/sprayer.

Macomb-rpj, I have some matte black left over, if you're interested.....airbrush too.

What do you need to get painted?

Default contact these good people

http://www.highready.com/index.php?o...d=17&Itemid=32
    Ask them if you can add to there orders.

I just ordered gunkote (similar to duracoat) from midwayusa and they did not charge an abnormal amount for shipping. And it was shipped by air.

So is the outrageous shipping just from particular sites or can midway/brownells or other major outlets like that ship duracoat up here for normal prices?

Wifey is going to CA next month, is shipping to somone you know in the L-48 outrageous also?