Thread: Udisco boat info??

Default Udisco boat info??

A couple of years ago I inherited an unused Udisco. As I recall it's about a 12' boat.
    Now the questions.
    I have absolutely no raft experience but would like to stat playing with one. I can either build or purchase a rowing frame, but I'm wondering how "river worthy" these boats are. What info I can find seems to point to them being a decent boat. Anyone with experiance with these boats that knows their weak areas?
    I inflated it & let it sit for several days when I got it & it didn't seem to leak at all.

Thanks
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Wow.

Udisco is and old PVC boat manufacturer out of SLC utah, probably been out of business for 25+ years now. Thin fabric, flexible as hell, but yet one of the funnest rafts I've ever owned because if you had two people paddling it from the center you could hit big holes and it would softly squish you between the tubes. When rowing this is not a great advantage however, because your passengers tend to get slapped in the face when the boat folds in the front, and they may end up in your lap.

I'm pretty sure they were all PVC, but you will want to ask Tracey Harmon about it, as he knows more about those boats than I do. It is a serviceable craft, and if it has been kept out of the elements (mostly the sun) it should serve you for a while. It probably isn't considered in new condition though, due to the fact that it is old PVC, and it has probably weakened significantly since new.

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris.
    Sounds like it should work for me if I get it out & play wth it. I have no interest in whitewater but would like to play with it on fairly flat water just to see if I enjoy rafting & get a little experience, & then maybe get a raft for float hunting someday.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."