Thread: neutering a lab

Default neutering a lab

Hi,
    I have a 15 month old male lab. We are thinking about neutering him, any thoughts pro/con? I'm not so much concerned with being able to stud him out other than wanting another good pup down the road. I'm more concerned with having a good healthy dog that behaves well. How does it really affect their behavior and health? Thanks.

Default OK

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Hi,
    I have a 15 month old male lab. We are thinking about neutering him, any thoughts pro/con? I'm not so much concerned with being able to stud him out other than wanting another good pup down the road. I'm more concerned with having a good healthy dog that behaves well. How does it really affect their behavior and health? Thanks.
    I suggest you neuter him. It will help with his overall health and improve his family ties.
    He will not go out seeking female companionship, possibly being injured by a car or other animals ( or their owners). He will develope strong family ties with your family as his. He will have a highly reduced risk of prostate and reproductive cancers. If you want to breed him in the future, ask your vet about freezing some semen; Then have him neutered. That way in the future you can breed at your convienience to the ***** of your choice.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !