Thread: Lost Dog

Default Lost Dog

I was hunting out at the hay flats. My dog went with me but decided to wander off when I had my back turned & I haven't seen him since. He's a white American Eskimo Dog; he looks like a white wolf. If you see him please leave a post here saying so! If you're hunting white fox or whatever other animal that looks like Caanthus (my dog) please look again before pulling the trigger! I lost him at a bad time around sunset when I had to go home. Hopefully he will make it through the night if I can go look for him tomorrow. Scary with all the wolf tracks I saw out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by teucer View Post
    I was hunting out at the hay flats. My dog went with me but decided to wander off when I had my back turned & I haven't seen him since. He's a white American Eskimo Dog; he looks like a white wolf. If you see him please leave a post here saying so! If you're hunting white fox or whatever other animal that looks like Caanthus (my dog) please look again before pulling the trigger! I lost him at a bad time around sunset when I had to go home. Hopefully he will make it through the night if I can go look for him tomorrow. Scary with all the wolf tracks I saw out there today.
    If he's not there when you go back, leave one of your coats with your smell on it, along with a small baggie of dry dogfood. Odds are he'll be right there waiting for you when you get back, wondering why in the heck you went off and left him. We used to hunt rabbits with beagles, and if they got on a fox they were gone overnight. The coat stunt always worked.

hope you find him,i have 2 of them that i would hate to lose.they are great dogs.

Sure hope you find your dog. Hopefully he is wearing a large and brightly colored collar since many wolves are white and esp. without the collar I would place him at a high risk of getting mistaken for a wolf and get shot. :-(

Default dog

I would hope someone would not mistake an american eskimo for a wolf buy hey I've seen guys shoot cows they swore were bulls.

Default Found

Found him! Thanks all.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by teucer View Post
    Found him! Thanks all.

and????

he did the home ward bound thing ,and crossed half the state, in 3 days.. fighting bears and caribou... high jacking old lady cars for rides, carried the lost cat and poodle he picked up along the way on his back to make sure they were safe??????

or was he just sitting in the parking area waiting on ya?

you know this place is all about the story....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Great to hear you found him but yeah we want the story!!!

glad to hear you got him back safe and sound.

Glad to hear the good news.

GOOD NEWS but please fill us in on the rest of the story.

Default Good for you!

Oh boy, I was afraid to open this up. Good for you!! Now, little obedience training or a beeper. Hate to hear about lost dogs.