Thread: Trapping Equipment?

Default Trapping Equipment?

I'm interested in learning how to trap.

I'm wondering where to go for trapping supplies? Is there a store that sells stuff and is willing to help a beginner? I've been to Mountain View Sports, and they didn't have much... Went to Sportman's Warehouse and didn't seeany there, but it was such a big store I probably missed it.

Do you guys typically mail-order it? If so where from, and what supplies would I need?

Jason

Sportsman Warehouse does have some trapping gear it's about as far back as you can go in the store. I don't know if Bob Green's place in the valley is still open but if it is that would be a good place to start.

The ATA has a good book on trapping in Alaska also if you can get a copy Dean Wilson has another very good book on Alaska trapping I don't remember the name of either book but they shouldn't be hard to find.
    Chuck

Fort Greene on the Palmer Wasilla hwy. Upstairs is mostly touristy stuff, but down in the basement is where the goods are. He will set you up!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I do typically mail order my equipment as there just isn't that much around in the stores. I've seen some good stuff at BooneDocks? I beleive that is what it is called N of anchorage about half hour if I remeber right. Should have most the stuff to get you started.

Default Check out Fort Green and..

places like Minnesota trapline products, the snare shop, etc. The later 2 are online. Fort Green probably has the most supplies in store in the state. Bob has passed away, but I am sure his family will take care of you there. He will be missed greatly in the trapping community.

Beware, Ft Green is now closed on Sundays. Found that out yesterday....

I use snare shop and minnesota trapline products. Minnesota is better on their shipping, they use flat rate boxes and its really fast compared to snare shop.

Default You....

beat me to it Hank I second what you said I get everything at these two places and a few last minute items at Fort Green.

Default MTP

I get everything from Minnesota Trap Products. As stated earlier the shipping is very reasonable and quick. They have everything you would ever need for trapping!