Thread: Sunday the 12th of October Report

Default Sunday the 12th of October Report

Well heres another Sunday in the books. This time took my buddy with me and bagged 17 ducks, 2 grouse and 4 ptarmigan. Ducks are still around just have to know where to look. Good luck to all who brave the late season in Alaska waterfowl season...Ill let AK Ray start another Duck ID thread for this one. I have a few more close ups of some of them so if he starts the thread Ill throw the pics on....
    Attached Images Attached Images

whoa wtg fellas.Looks like I should have went hunting today,almost did to,I ahd the boat untarpped last night to go and thought hmmm I dont want it full of snow.Nice job on the birds again.Daniel

hey way to go north polers you guys had a blast. looks as though it was some fast action? What time did you guys quit? you have a dog to retrieve all your ducks? nice job

Nope the dog stayed at home and I used the canoe. Just a little to much ice out everywhere and didnt want to chance the dog out on it. We went out for shooting time this morning 1st 5 birds down around 930am then scattered throughout the morning and we finally called it a day around 230pm.The funny thing was that when we were on our way home we were wondering where all the mallards were today and we got to a lake that no shooting was allowed on and I counted 44 mallards, 5 goldeneyes and a merganser on it.....suckers...birds are still all over the place but the potholes are slowly filling in with ice....

Default Nice Haul!

Very nice haul there Bowtech! Glad to see you nailing em this well and this late...

I am done with chasing water birds this year, went back to ptarmigan and grouse -- got a ruffie yesterday (my first one since moving to the interior 5 years ago) Finally seem to have figured out where they hide... looks like I need to give the ducks some more attention though! Next year we will have to try to get together and see what can be done!

Quick question, compared to your other ducks there, how do the Scoters rate taste-wise?

Havent tried them yet but from what I hear is that they are not the best tasting bird. Im gonna do some experimenting with them this week. I plan on soaking one in milk overnight and then of course wrapping them with bacon, Ill let you know how they turn out...

Those four ptarmigan must be pretty well hidden in the snow in the back of the truck. All I see are the 2 ruffies and the 4 spruce hens.

Lots of hen scaup but don't know which are lesser or greater.