Thread: kenai river Oct 11th update

Default kenai river Oct 11th update

Headed down to the river yesterday morning. Hit the water around 10am. It was a mild 45 degrees with some wind blowing down river. Water levels are still good and I was told they had come up during the last week. They were nothing like the middle of september but a bit lower than it was at the end of september. Launched from sportsmans. Fishing was slow on the first part of the float. Stopped in at Windy and caught 3 fish there and lost 3 others. Nothing huge, a 16' dolly, 14" bow and a 22"bow. The big bow was caught on a 6mil rootbeer bead painted with alot of white. The other 2 fish were caught on articulating flesh flies.

Hit mile 57 and we popped 2 dolly's out of the back channel. One on a articulating flesh around 18" and the other around 16" on a black and red ESL.

Stopped at the bear braids. Caught a 24" bow there on the articulating flesh fly. Caught an 18" there too. 1 dolly around 14" there caught on a peaches and cream 6mil bead.

Stopped at the island on the right before the rock bluff on the right just before jims. Landed one 26" hog there on the peaches and cream bead as well as a couple of Nemo's on the bead and flesh fly.

All in all a great day on the water with the wife and a good friend of ours. Stayed at drifters lodge and bob and the gang there are just great. Had dinner at dominics place the king fisher and the food is excellent.

So untill next weekend that is all i have for the kenai report.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Man that just sucks!!! Here I am sittin' at home stem cleaning my effin' carpets!!! I finally got rid of my low life room mates and and sterilizing the place now. The good news is it's warm for this time of year in my neck of the woods. It's too bad I winterized the boat last week.

My last week on the KP was spent at Drifters and you are correct it's a first class operation. As for the King Fisher, I spent way too much money in that place. The food is excellent, but you forgot about the IPA on tap.....yum!!!

P.S. Where are the pictures??? Remember no pictures......it never happened!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Man that just sucks!!! Here I am sittin' at home stem cleaning my effin' carpets!!! I finally got rid of my low life room mates and and sterilizing the place now. The good news is it's warm for this time of year in my neck of the woods. It's too bad I winterized the boat last week.

My last week on the KP was spent at Drifters and you are correct it's a first class operation. As for the King Fisher, I spent way too much money in that place. The food is excellent, but you forgot about the IPA on tap.....yum!!!

P.S. Where are the pictures??? Remember no pictures......it never happened!!! LOL

LOL Yea well the camera needs to dry out and i hope it will work again. Enough said
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    LOL Yea well the camera needs to dry out and i hope it will work again. Enough said
    Chuck
    Two words: Olympus Stylus

Gotta give a shout out for the Olympus camera! I trashed my Sony Cybershot while hunting elk and had to bribe the wife to use her Oly camera! Olies are great especially if you get the weather resistant ones.

Glad that you and June had a great time on and off the water. I'm counting the days for the next fishapalooza tour! And like Dave says... it didn't happen if there's no pics! LOL!

Pentax W60 is also sick
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.